Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies
Hobbies
I went searching these forums to see if this has been talked about before but first search I did came back saying I can only search every 30 seconds, try again later. Oh well...

Hobbies.

What are your hobbies and favorite pass-times?

Mine are:

1.) Keeper of fish. I have four aquariums in the house. A 115 gallon, a 55 g., a 35 g. and a 20 gallon.
Assorted cichlids, plecos and tetras and, of course, a couple big, fat goofy looking goldfish.

Outside I have three self-built ponds and a small fountain-like setup. Approx. gallons are 890, 280 and 160. The fountain holds about 80 gallons and I only keep small goldfish and roseys (as feeders) in it.

Many Koi. A two and a half foot shovel-nose tiger catfish, a two foot black channel cat, frogs, turtles.
The small 160 pond is heated and I keep the shovelnose and cichlids in that one.

2.) Pot smoking

3.) Yard-work-aholic. My back yard really is a beautiful place in the spring and summer. I keep it green and trim. With the aquatics I got going on back there I attract much birds and varmits. My Jack-russell terrier keeps those mostly at bay. Many flowering plants so lots of bees and humming birds visit me. I also do a hanging vege garden. Tomatos, peppers (all kinds), cucumbers is what I like to grow. I have two black berry bushes, a peach tree, a apricot tree, a fig tree that usually smile upon me and bring forth plenty fruit for me and family.
And that's the back yard. The front is quite green and flowerful also.
It's a hell of a lot of work and it's gonna be what kills me one day, but I just can't stop doing it!

4.) Internet games. World of Tanks is my current addiction.

5.) Smoking Pot.

6.) Cooking, making pies, taking recipes and experimenting and doctoring them and making them my own. I know, I'm wierd like that.

I think that's all of them.

It interests me to know what some of you folks enjoy doing in your free time.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: Hobbies
I'm a devotee of Empire Total War - The Darthmod version.

I also volunteer with a dog rescue group and enjoy cooking.

Then there are these damned message boards..................
Re-learning piano. I played for years when a kid, then stopped when we moved out of my dad's house at 16, and a few months ago he gave me his first electric keyboard (it's got a BEAUTIFUL sound to it). It's murder - your body half remembers, but not everything connects back up.

Gardening, obviously. I've started planting seeds for this year under grow lights. This will be my third summer here at this house, so I'm looking forward to having less "yard reclaim" work to do. Plus, it'll be my second year with veggies. Big Grin It's not so much a hobby as an obsession.

I read...a lot. Lots of genres.

I sew. I'm learning to make clothes. I cross-stitch. Embroidery is going to be next.

I love cooking - doesn't matter what.

I've been known to dabble in watercolors/charcoal/colored pencils from time to time.

I hate being bored, so at home there's an endless supply of things to get in trouble with. Plus, like Min...there are forums...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
1. Smoking pot
2. Guitar (playing and listening)
3. Absorbing Philosophy/Science literature, lectures & podcasts
4. These forums Tongue
5. Skepticism
6. Freestyle Cooking
7. Binge Drinking (weekend warrior Smile )
8. Single player RPGs (fallout, mass effect, dragon age, Deus ex etc)
9. Nothing Much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVYsHLQin_g
Well, when I'm not at school trying to tolerate the all the catholics, I like to:

Read. I'll read anything.

Watch The Simpsons. I am absolutely OBSESSED with The Simpsons, and am part of a huge Simpsons forum. I know everything about it.

Video Games. Mostly, I just play Madden and MLB sports games.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
South Park > Family Guy > American Dad > Archer > The Cleveland show > ... > The Simpsons Big Grin
We've already had this discussion...Angry Mob
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
I know, but it still amuses me Tongue
Switch Family Guy and South Park and you'll be correct, babe. Big Grin
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Smoking pot... it's getting a little out of control these days, though Angel
LOVE watching House and Dexter, Family Guy and South Park, and horror movies are a guilty pleasure.
Reading books about science and religion and atheism, thinking about related stuff, reading novels.
Going to clubs sometimes with the boyfriend.
Writing, when I feel up to it; being introspective.
Exploring out in nature, walking the dogs.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Hobbies Did You Have As A Kid? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 2393 November 11, 2021 at 7:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Your hobbies/hobby ideas Catholic_Lady 97 11309 February 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hobbies & Such salty 47 10847 September 9, 2011 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Hobbies Kayenneh 50 9469 August 25, 2011 at 8:34 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  One of my hobbies pt.II (fixed) Dotard 11 3082 November 16, 2009 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Dotard