Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made you a nonbeliever in mermaids?
What made you a nonbeliever in mermaids?
I can't really say that I'm the Mermaids atheist but rather an agnostic. I mean I can't say that they don't exist (so many nations around the world have these stories about human-fishes) but I don't know why I think that they don't exist. Can you tell me why you don't believe in Mermaids so maybe it becomes clear to me.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: What made you a nonbeliever in mermaids?
I sailed the deep blue for years. Only ever saw mermaids when I was trippin' balls.
Most people think the movie Splash is a comedy when in actuality it is a very cleverly cloaked credible chronicle.
I quit believing as soon as I realize it was all T and no A.

Why bother?

Wink
I’m still looking, go aquatic ape theory!
How dare you.

I’ve seen mermaids. They live in a zoo type place where they swim in glass tanks and men pay to look at them.

The place is even called “Mermaids”!
Dying to live, living to die.
By that logic, are we all to believe in any other mythology?
eg: Cyclops, Minotaur, Sirens, God etc. I thought the world has moved on Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
There's a very compelling Discovery documentary in favor
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 12, 2019 at 5:03 pm)ignoramus Wrote: By that logic, are we all to believe in any other mythology?
eg: Cyclops, Minotaur, Sirens, God etc. I thought the world has moved on Dunno

I’ve encountered a biclops.

He was a one eyed kinky dude who loved weird sex with men and women...
Dying to live, living to die.
Are men technically triclops Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Atheist Cartoon I made: God vs. Three 6 Mafia thawingfrog 3 722 June 17, 2022 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I've made a new video against gnomes The Valkyrie 8 412 April 28, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Home made AI !!! ignoramus 9 1527 April 9, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sequels that won't get made. Gawdzilla Sama 29 3351 September 25, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This made me laugh pgrimes15 3 914 January 8, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Tongue Made a jesus fucking christ tshirt Jolnir 5 1453 January 2, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Paintings made better with cats Fidel_Castronaut 4 1723 May 27, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  If Hollywood made the trailer for... DeistPaladin 2 1303 September 17, 2013 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  This made me laugh... ManMachine 2 1613 September 9, 2013 at 11:40 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Music made a little bit better Kayenneh 8 2110 June 22, 2013 at 11:33 am
Last Post: viocjit