Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes, Cops Get It Right
Sometimes, Cops Get It Right
Houston Police Kill Shooter

He fired at civilians, fired at cops, and threatened to fire at the cops some more.

I have absolutely no problem with this incident.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Sometimes, Cops Get It Right
Dickish take: at least the SWAT officer only fired a single bullet. Ammo is expensive.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 27, 2020 at 6:38 am)Sal Wrote: Dickish take: at least the SWAT officer only fired a single bullet. Ammo is expensive.

My take: Only shot him once, must have liked him.
It's kind of nice to know that there are some American cops who use shooting a suspect as a last resort.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 27, 2020 at 7:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's kind of nice to know that there are some American cops who use shooting a suspect as a last resort.

Boru

Considering that US cops kill three people a day on average, for all reasons, I think that's a bit of inverted thinking.
(August 27, 2020 at 7:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 27, 2020 at 7:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's kind of nice to know that there are some American cops who use shooting a suspect as a last resort.

Boru

Considering that US cops kill three people a day on average, for all reasons, I think that's a bit of inverted thinking.

That’s fair. We’re more likely to hear about the fuck ups than about the clean shootings (cops doing their job properly isn’t newsworthy). 

Change ‘some American cops’ to ‘the overwhelming majority of American cops’.

Boru
(August 27, 2020 at 7:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 27, 2020 at 7:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Considering that US cops kill three people a day on average, for all reasons, I think that's a bit of inverted thinking.

That’s fair. We’re more likely to hear about the fuck ups than about the clean shootings (cops doing their job properly isn’t newsworthy). 

Change ‘some American cops’ to ‘the overwhelming majority of American cops’.

Boru

But it doesn't work that way on the internet, hence the present soup sandwich situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Praise Of Cops BrianSoddingBoru4 13 723 March 22, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Teach Cops to Maim? onlinebiker 66 1864 November 11, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3141 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 927 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1260 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Fucking Mall Cops Losty 3 424 April 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Schooling the Cops chimp3 73 5295 October 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You know, sometimes Dump actually sounds like Hitler abaris 0 406 August 23, 2016 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Another reason not to call the cops. Minimalist 0 661 June 8, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ah, well. Sometimes it's not Islamists. abaris 4 848 June 6, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus