Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers Defend Their Rights in Wisconsin & Ohio (Video :P)
Workers Defend Their Rights in Wisconsin & Ohio (Video :P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIz1g0cci...ture=feedu

So... yeah. Republicans are making a huge move across several states for the sole purpose of eliminating the rights of employees to negociate their working conditions.

If this keeps up, I predict an enormous win by democrats in 2012... unless they fuck up again and don't bring this little issue up during their campaigns.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: Workers Defend Their Rights in Wisconsin & Ohio (Video :P)
I say this all of the time: There is nothing wrong with conservatism because it's a well thought out thinking process. Republicanism is bat-shit insane and completely corrupted by lobbyists (Waaaaay more than democrats)!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5695 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10061 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 922 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1048 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Billions for Billionaires and Zero for Workers Minimalist 19 859 September 6, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 516 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1671 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  U.S. withdrawing from UN Human Rights Council? Foxaèr 26 2975 June 23, 2018 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  Fools And Their Money! Minimalist 10 1130 May 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2300 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire