Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all! I'm new here. My de- conversion story. Short and sweet.
Hello all! I'm new here. My de- conversion story. Short and sweet.
When I was raised I was told that the Christian God is real and anything else is false and just out to get you. I remember going to church, being told that many people go to Hell, that Jesus died for my sins on a Roman cross, If I accept him I will live forever, etc. I believed this indoctrination for a very long time, or at least longer than I would have liked. I used to actually think this God was real. I used to fight against my brain when it told me to think anything otherwise. I have now come to see that the christian god is not real. I was born into this universe, and now I breathe and wonder about why in the hell was I ever brought here? Religion is man made because they ask the same questions. Problem is many religious people are unwavering in there views and believe they are immune to sane debate. I'm sorry if cursing is against the rules here (would appreciate it if someone told me) but religion has forced itself upon me and has discriminated against sanity. So I say, Fuck off religion. Please don't ban me. lol
RE: Hello all! I'm new here. My de- conversion story. Short and sweet.
Quote:When I was raised I was told that the Christian God is real and anything else is false and just out to get you.

Yeah...all religions have the same story. Probably the surest sign ever that they are all full of shit.

Welcome aboard.
RE: Hello all! I'm new here. My de- conversion story. Short and sweet.
Welcome from Oz Hi

Swear as much as you like...IF you get out of hand you will be told. Tiny Tiger
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Conversion - De-conversion *Long* rskovride 9 3346 March 4, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1758 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1939 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5389 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello Inquisition here The Inquisition 21 4218 May 17, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4600 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4660 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2329 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3385 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My de-converted re-conversion Rarthyr500 47 13361 December 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie