Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story.
Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story.
So today, I go out shopping, am tired of the same old same old. I look at the prep of the deli counter, and look at some "loaded potato". Half sliced with cheese and bacon. But I cant find the heating instructions. I ask the worker there where it is, and she says, "It is in the fine print", and when I mean "fine print" you fucking need an electron microscope to read it.

Ok, so while wanting something new, she finally pointed me out to the mice print. I took the bait. So just now, I bring it home, I preheat the oven to the specs on the label that were in mice print. BUT, after unwrapping the packaging, I COULD NOT SEPERATE THE ALUMINUM TUB FROM THE PLASTIC TUB BELOW IT! I was not about to stick metal in my microwave. And I wasn't going to stick plastic in my oven. 

So I gave up just now, trying to separate the two. I took the potato halves and stuck them on a sheet in the oven without either, but based on the initial heating instructions.
RE: Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story.
I slice the spuds lengthwise and hollow them out about 50%. Then I bake them until they're easy to flake with a fork. I have the filling ready:

one pound of lean ground beef
one jar of salsa, octane as you prefer. (Mine may have started from of the California wild fires from St. Louis, that's how I like it.)

Brown the beef.
Dump in the salsa.
Simmer for five minutes.
Spoon into the spuds.
Top with whatever can't get away fast enough.
Eat.
(December 29, 2020 at 6:46 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I slice the spuds lengthwise and hollow them out about 50%. Then I bake them until they're easy to flake with a fork. I have the filling ready:

one jar of salsa, octane as you prefer. (Mine may have started from of the California wild fires from St. Louis, that's how I like it.)

Brown the beef.
Dump in the salsa.
Simmer for five minutes.
Spoon into the spuds.
Eat.

You sound exactly like Hillbilly Atheist, my best friend here. He loves cooking too. I hate cooking. Unless I can nuke it, boil it on the stove top, fry it on the stove top, or stick it in the oven. I starve. I love eating,  but I fucking hate prep.
(December 29, 2020 at 6:46 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I slice the spuds lengthwise and hollow them out about 50%. Then I bake them until they're easy to flake with a fork. I have the filling ready:

Brown the beef.
Dump in the salsa.
Simmer for five minutes.
Spoon into the spuds.
Eat.

That sounds good. I generally do mine with Italian sausage, Asiago, and marinara, but I’ll probably give your version a go.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That's a lazy man's banquet my friend. If you want to speed it up use tortilla chips instead of spuds. That reduces cooking to "brown meat, then simmer with salsa." If you do a pound of hamburger then you have 3-4 meals, just reheat the meat.
(December 29, 2020 at 6:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote: So today, I go out shopping, am tired of the same old same old. I look at the prep of the deli counter, and look at some "loaded potato". Half sliced with cheese and bacon. But I cant find the heating instructions. I ask the worker there where it is, and she says, "It is in the fine print", and when I mean "fine print" you fucking need an electron microscope to read it.

Ok, so while wanting something new, she finally pointed me out to the mice print. I took the bait. So just now, I bring it home, I preheat the oven to the specs on the label that were in mice print. BUT, after unwrapping the packaging, I COULD NOT SEPERATE THE ALUMINUM TUB FROM THE PLASTIC TUB BELOW IT! I was not about to stick metal in my microwave. And I wasn't going to stick plastic in my oven. 

So I gave up just now, trying to separate the two. I took the potato halves and stuck them on a sheet in the oven without either, but based on the initial heating instructions.

When in doubt, heat it at 180/350 til the cheese bubbles.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 29, 2020 at 7:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 29, 2020 at 6:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote: So today, I go out shopping, am tired of the same old same old. I look at the prep of the deli counter, and look at some "loaded potato". Half sliced with cheese and bacon. But I cant find the heating instructions. I ask the worker there where it is, and she says, "It is in the fine print", and when I mean "fine print" you fucking need an electron microscope to read it.

When in doubt, heat it at 180/350 til the cheese bubbles.

Boru

When in doubt get people to change your diaper for you. I do. I fucking hate cooking. I love eating, I simply hate cooking.
(December 29, 2020 at 7:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 29, 2020 at 7:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: When in doubt, heat it at 180/350 til the cheese bubbles.

Boru

When in doubt get people to change your diaper for you. I do. I fucking hate cooking. I love eating, I simply hate cooking.

Yes, you already said you hate cooking. I got that. I wasn’t giving you cooking advice. Since you seem to have trouble locating or understanding the instructions on the packet, I was giving you a work around.

Not sure was the diaper comment was in reference to, but ok.

Boru
(December 29, 2020 at 7:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 29, 2020 at 7:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When in doubt get people to change your diaper for you. I do. I fucking hate cooking. I love eating, I simply hate cooking.

Yes, you already said you hate cooking. I got that. I wasn’t giving you cooking advice. Since you seem to have trouble locating or understanding the instructions on the packet, I was giving you a work around.

Not sure was the diaper comment was in reference to, but ok.

Boru

Damn it, being silly lost on you.
Write a sappy poem to the potato. It's heart should melt.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 553602 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 856 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1180 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1188 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  A story Apollo 2 417 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2990 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 783 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Phew! And another south of the boarder story. Brian37 3 559 July 19, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws Minimalist 7 1352 March 10, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Moral of the story, keep it on a line. brewer 11 1964 June 29, 2017 at 5:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus