Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus is Not God
Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus is Not God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW99U4JWNEc

The speaker (Joshua Evans) is a convert to Islam, but we can ignore that for the sake of argument and I think even atheists will agree with him on this particular topic a least. So, all the Christians in the forum (fr0d0, tackattack, Ryft, etc.), tell me what you think. If you do find something wrong then please point it out.
RE: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus is Not God
I can only speak for myself, but for the little bit I had time to hear he contradicted himself a few times, and does quite a a bit of cherry picking. Regardless though I think unitarianism is a minimalist view in modern Christianity as it applies to a generic non-denominational stance. I agree that Jesus isn't God, in my own beliefs. I worship God, but the divinity of Christ is what provides the entry to the door of salvation. Even Jesus gave the glory to God. 48 min is entirely too long today. What I'm saying is, I believe in the Trinity and I agree with the statement Jesus isn't God.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I don't see the problem, you can make your fictional characters have any attributes you like.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 5, 2011 at 8:26 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I don't see the problem, you can make your fictional characters have any attributes you like.

+1 to that.

I only made it to number 8 and had to bail. Both of these cats sounded a bit, uuuh... undereducated?
"We live in the age of the internet, and there are still people willing to blow themselves up for the HIGHLY UNLIKELY possiblility of pussy in another dimension!" - Joe Rogan

"Jesus Christ! Grab the Escalade, we're outta here!" - God
...and the number one reason why Jesus is Not God is...(drum roll goes here)...

god doesn't exist (this includes Allah, BTW).
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
(March 5, 2011 at 9:44 am)Strongbad Wrote: ...and the number one reason why Jesus is Not God is...(drum roll goes here)...

Oh yeah ... first thing first ... but of course, you don't know if God exists or not like the rest of us nor even know what He is. I don't know either.
(March 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(March 5, 2011 at 9:44 am)Strongbad Wrote: ...and the number one reason why Jesus is Not God is...(drum roll goes here)...

Oh yeah ... first thing first ... but of course, you don't know if God exists or not like the rest of us nor even know what He is. I don't know either.

You don't know what he is. Or who he is. Or even if he even exists. Yet you assume you know exactly how he wants you to live your life and you oblige to some rather strict codes of conduct about how you get to act in the vain hope of some sort of afterlife. It's Pathetic.
(March 5, 2011 at 6:40 am)Rayaan Wrote: The speaker (Joshua Evans) is a convert to Islam, but we can ignore that for the sake of argument and I think even atheists will agree with him on this particular topic a least. So, all the Christians in the forum (fr0d0, tackattack, Ryft, etc.), tell me what you think. If you do find something wrong then please point it out.

I don't think that atheists will agree with him, because his conclusion seems to be that Jesus was not God, he was a demi-god. Also his reasons are based on a book that atheists generally agree is utter rubbish. As for the christian perspective, I was raised baptist, and I was not taught that Jesus was God, in the sense that he is talking about. The Trinity was always a bit confusing, that's the only point from this show I agreed with, but he wasn't refuting the Christian view of the Trinity and Jesus divinity, he was refuting his own misinterpretation of the christian view. In the end, using rubbish to disprove other rubbish.
(March 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm)Rayaan Wrote:

Wow..this is a first for me. The first agnostic Muslim I have ever met.

I understand NOT believing in something if you say you dont know. But how do you reconcile BELIEVING you something you say you do not know?
(March 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Oh yeah ... first thing first ... but of course, you don't know if God exists or not like the rest of us nor even know what He is. I don't know either.

Gadzooks! It sounds to me like you don't know what the fuck you believe in. Maybe you're one of those Muslims who takes the position that it is possible that all of this Islam stuff is complete bullshit, but just in case it is true, you better claim to be a believer, lest you wind up in hell.

"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57988 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2688 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 17879 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4522 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5523 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 8892 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29074 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5307 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 28590 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3904 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus