Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeopardy guest hosts so far.
Jeopardy guest hosts so far.
Katie Couric 
Dr Oz
Aaron Rodgers

I don't understand any of these choices other than trying to trianglulate what the show thinks will draw the most ratings. I am sure they will eventually settle on a host. 

Katie to me has done the best job as far as being more animated and not stiff. Oz is a quack, and came accross as too stiff. But Aaron, holy crap. Aaron's voice sounds like a valum being injected into a humming bird. Aaron was a great quarterback, but game show host? Not so much. 

I'd like to see Neil Degrasse Tyson or Bill Nye host Jeopardy.
RE: Jeopardy guest hosts so far.
I also just thought of this. Maybe they should have one of the top all time Jeopordy Champions guest host.
They already tried that. Maybe it’s time they shut it down altogether.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 6, 2021 at 12:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: They already tried that. Maybe it’s time they shut it down altogether.

Boru

Why? I don't watch Jeopordy religiously, but I do like it because I do learn things I didn't know before. It most certianly has to be considered as a show as having a billion times more educational value than WWE or Fuck Dumbnasty.
(April 6, 2021 at 12:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 6, 2021 at 12:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: They already tried that. Maybe it’s time they shut it down altogether.

Boru

Why? I don't watch Jeopordy religiously, but I do like it because I do learn things I didn't know before. It most certianly has to be considered as a show as having a billion times more educational value that WWE or Fuck Dumbnasty.

Because it’s so associated with Alex Trebek. No one’s going to be happy with whatever presenter they settle on.

It’s run for something like eight thousand episodes. Time to shoot that puppy.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 6, 2021 at 12:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 6, 2021 at 12:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why? I don't watch Jeopordy religiously, but I do like it because I do learn things I didn't know before. It most certianly has to be considered as a show as having a billion times more educational value that WWE or Fuck Dumbnasty.

Because it’s so associated with Alex Trebek. No one’s going to be happy with whatever presenter they settle on.

It’s run for something like eight thousand episodes. Time to shoot that puppy.

Boru

The Tonight Show is still around even though Johnny Carson has long since been gone. And for my money Trevor Noah has filled in nicely for Jon Stewart. 

I can think of lots of shows that deserve to die, Jeopardy is not one of them. I wouldn't think of it as trying to replace Alex, in as much as the preserving the motif of valuing education which the show does sell.

Jeopardy is far older than Alex being the host for that matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeopardy!

I think Alex in his decline, would argue he wanted to see the show continue. I agree. I think most fans and even the current guest hosts would also agree. It isn't about replacing Alex, but about presurving the value of education.

If there is one show I for decades thought deserved to die, would have been Saturday Night Live. I didn't like the 70s act, occasionally one of the 80s motifs made me laugh, just like the 90s and 2000s, but it was never a consistant thing with me. If SNL had died back in the 70s I would not had lost any sleep. But, it survived, which means, I am not the only viewer, just like there isn't one James Bond in that franchise. Everyone has their favorites for sure.

I attended a taping of Jeopardy in the early 90s. In in person taping Alex, during audience pre taping questions came across as stuffy like he didn't want to deal with it, much like when I ran into Richard Dawkins at the 07 atheist convention in DC. BUT in regards to what Jeopardy has done long term for the difference between valuing Jerry Springer vs valuing facts, Jeopardy had always tried to put a focus on facts over bullshit. 

I think Alex was always  a stuffed shirt, like when I ran into Richard Dawkins. Both value facts, but if you want to hang out and let your hair down and shoot the shit, neither of them would be like Christopher Hitchins. 

Alex cannot be replaced. But, neither can Sean Connery or Roger Moore in a Bond film.

If you are an SNL fan of the John Belushi era, or a fan of SNL of the Eddie Murphy era, but especially if you are a fan of science, one can accept that Carl Sagan's COSMOS was simply the precurser of Neil Degrasse Tyson's 2000s version of the same name.
There's a petition to make LeVar Burton the next host of Jeopardy.

So if you want to give this great man a job he wants, you can sign it on the link

https://www.change.org/p/sony-pictures-e...f-jeopardy
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 6, 2021 at 7:13 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: There's a petition to make LeVar Burton the next host of Jeopardy.

So if you want to give this great man a job he wants, you can sign it on the link

https://www.change.org/p/sony-pictures-e...f-jeopardy

That is certianly better than suggesting Dr Oz or Aaron Rodgers.

Sheldon might get pissed at Will Weaton.
Just watched an episode of Jeopardy with CNN's Anderson Cooper hosting. So far, the best.

I still wish they could get either Neil Degrasse Tyson or Bill Nye. But, so far, I like Anderson.
Weird Al, should get a jab.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOAT, Jeopardy Version..... Brian37 6 596 May 8, 2020 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Gone to far? Something completely different 2 614 January 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Dee Dee Ramone