Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound
Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound
vice.com
Quote:A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned.

The property, located in the small community of Thornton, 40 miles from Waco, was listed at just under $1 million. It’s been dubbed “Liberty Rock'' by its new owners, the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.”

While Moon’s congregation, estimated to number in the hundreds, is relatively fringe, it’s a direct descendant of the much larger Unification Church, founded by his father, Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah and accused cult leader whose adoring followers became known to outsiders as “Moonies.”

The younger Moon, who set up shop in 2017 in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, follows the doctrine of his late father—with a twist. Moon says he was inspired by a biblical passage in the Book of Revelation that talked about Jesus using a “rod of iron” to protect himself and others. He concluded this was a reference to AR-15s, and integrated high-powered firearms into regular church services, including wedding ceremonies. He founded the church with the support of his brother, Kook-jin “Justin” Moon, the CEO of Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturing company headquartered nearby.
RE: Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound
At work.

Hopefully they build thick, high walls and keep more oc America safe by buying up HUGE quantities of guns and ammo.

Coffee
I don't see this ending well for the gun nuts building the compound. I still remember that last heavily armed compound in that area. If they become viewed as a threat, and it's likely they will, rightly or wrongly, their pop-guns won't do them any better against the tanks than the pop-guns the Branch Davidians were using.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 27, 2021 at 9:20 pm)Eleven Wrote: vice.com
Quote:A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned.

The property, located in the small community of Thornton, 40 miles from Waco, was listed at just under $1 million. It’s been dubbed “Liberty Rock'' by its new owners, the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.”

While Moon’s congregation, estimated to number in the hundreds, is relatively fringe, it’s a direct descendant of the much larger Unification Church, founded by his father, Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah and accused cult leader whose adoring followers became known to outsiders as “Moonies.”

The younger Moon, who set up shop in 2017 in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, follows the doctrine of his late father—with a twist. Moon says he was inspired by a biblical passage in the Book of Revelation that talked about Jesus using a “rod of iron” to protect himself and others. He concluded this was a reference to AR-15s, and integrated high-powered firearms into regular church services, including wedding ceremonies. He founded the church with the support of his brother, Kook-jin “Justin” Moon, the CEO of Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturing company headquartered nearby.

Great, another cult.
Waco, again?

Hint to the Feds: cluster bomb!
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't want no teenage queen. I just want AR-15.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Pfffttt...

Big deal....

I got 40 acres and a few AR-15's.... (various calibers).

Can I be tax exempt?

Cool
Waco area again? Not surprised.

I got my nutty little neurotic Cavalier from a farm near Waco...husband calls him the wacko from Waco.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 28, 2021 at 1:11 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Pfffttt...

Big deal....

Can I be tax exempt?

Cool

Of course you can. Just file whatever paperwork is needed to declare yourself a church.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2021 at 1:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 1:11 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Pfffttt...

Big deal....

Can I be tax exempt?

Cool

Of course you can. Just file whatever paperwork is needed to declare yourself a church.

Boru

Nawww... Knowing my luck I'd get a bunch of whackos wanting to join.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1634 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111702 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3813 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2516 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10008 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1746 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1204 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3702 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11970 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3169 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda