Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Designed the Designer?
Who Designed the Designer?
I have been reading through various articles on the website Common Sense Atheism. A wonderful site which I have to thank TheVoid for suggesting this site to myself.

We are all familiar with the argument if God exists, who then created god. This article below explains why this is not a terribly good argument. I have come to agree with the conclusions of this article. Because if say the hypothesis of an multiverse were proven, such a multiverse might have always existed and will always exist.

Instead of asking the question who designed god, instead ask theists the question
Quote:“Why is God the best explanation for that? Will you explain, please?”

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=6113
undefined
RE: Who Designed the Designer?
the Designerer
A pack of xenophobic, ethnic clansing, wife beating, bullshit sprouting, goat fucking desert nomads.
(March 14, 2011 at 8:07 pm)Ashendant Wrote: the Designerer

Well who the fuck designed the designerer then?
Thinking
I'm thinking it has to do with coper wire and magnets..amiright?
"If God exists, who then created god?"

We did.

How can that answer not explain everything you need to know?
(March 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm)jason56 Wrote: "If God exists, who then created god?"

We did.

The simplist, logical answer tends to be the correct one.
(March 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm)jason56 Wrote: "If God exists, who then created god?"

We did.

We did, so true. We also designed him in human image, or, as so succinctly put by Chuck, as one of :

"A pack of xenophobic, ethnic cleansing, wife beating, bullshit sprouting, goat fucking desert nomads. "

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
The British, 'cos if he had been designed by the Japanese he would have been smaller, cheaper and much more reliable.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 14, 2011 at 8:23 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(March 14, 2011 at 8:07 pm)Ashendant Wrote: the Designerer

Well who the fuck designed the designerer then?
Thinking
I'm thinking it has to do with coper wire and magnets..amiright?

The Designerest
It's turtles all the way down.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Video] What if I'm wrong about a intelligent designer? Secular Atheist 1 1200 September 28, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Intelligent Design: Did you design your intelligent designer? Whateverist 6 2330 June 2, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Cato
  A survey designed to understand nontheists Ziploc Surprise 5 2558 April 13, 2012 at 8:01 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  A Drunk Designer. DrunkAtheist 2 1770 April 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: DrunkAtheist