Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Hinkley Jr on the loose.
John Hinkley Jr on the loose.
https://www.salemnews.com/region/hinkley...d0065.html

"We don't punish the insane".

This turd shot a US President - and three others - and because some twat doctor decided his marbles were out of whack - but are all better now --- he gets a pass....

Why?

I say keep the fuck locked up for 3 or 4 lifetimes.....
RE: John Hinkley Jr on the loose.
(September 27, 2021 at 4:16 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.salemnews.com/region/hinkley...d0065.html

This turd shot a US President - and three others - and because some twat doctor decided his marbles were out of whack - but are all better now --- he gets a pass....

Why?

Firstly, he’s not ‘on the loose’ and won’t be until sometime next year.

Secondly, he’s been essentially locked up for 41 years (which hardly qualifies as ‘he gets a pass’), and is no longer psychotic. But I’m sure you know more about diagnosing and treating mental illness than ‘some twat doctor’.

Third and lastly, he’s NOT GUILTY.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I find it ironic that the guy who defends Trump and his Trumpanzees is implying someone should be locked away for being crazy and violent
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 27, 2021 at 4:16 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.salemnews.com/region/hinkley...d0065.html

Why?

Just like Yates, who did far worse, she is mentally ill. I'd only agree that even mentally ill, lifetime containment should be required. In a mental institution, not a prison. 

I only agree that while mental illness should not be stigmatized, it is insane to let someone that dangerous out. 

My older cousin has autism. I can tell you that he is huge, much taller than me. But the times I met him, he had an verbally abusive father that yelled at him frequently. In my presence my cousin threatened him physically, and once with a knife. Lucky for everyone, he never followed through. But I could tell at times during the yelling he wanted to. One could think my cousin's behavior like a abused kid in imperfect brain. 

I think you need to separate your rightful call for detainment, as being equal to punishment of mental illness. 

I think both Hinkley and Yates were/are mentally ill. Neither of them should see the light of day as far as I am concerned. But that does not mean they should be treated like Ted Bundy or Jeffery Dahmer.
(September 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Why?

Just like Yates, who did far worse, she is mentally ill. I'd only agree that even mentally ill, lifetime containment should be required. In a mental institution, not a prison. 

I only agree that while mental illness should not be stigmatized, it is insane to let someone that dangerous out. 

My older cousin has autism. I can tell you that he is huge, much taller than me. But the times I met him, he had an verbally abusive father that yelled at him frequently. In my presence my cousin threatened him physically, and once with a knife. Lucky for everyone, he never followed through. But I could tell at times during the yelling he wanted to. One could think my cousin's behavior like a abused kid in imperfect brain. 

I think you need to separate your rightful call for detainment, as being equal to punishment of mental illness. 

I think both Hinkley and Yates were/are mentally ill. Neither of them should see the light of day as far as I am concerned. But that does not mean they should be treated like Ted Bundy or Jeffery Dahmer.

How very humane of you. Punish people forever.

Sure you’re not a Christian?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 27, 2021 at 4:34 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I find it ironic that the guy who defends Trump and his Trumpanzees is implying someone should be locked away for being crazy and violent
What the actual fuck are you blathering about?

Trump is an asshole. I have said this many times.

You are some kind of twisted fuck if you think I defend him.

(September 27, 2021 at 4:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Just like Yates, who did far worse, she is mentally ill. I'd only agree that even mentally ill, lifetime containment should be required. In a mental institution, not a prison. 

Boru

What part of " life" are you having problems with?

Sometimes it' s justified. Like SHOOTING A PRESIDENT or paralyzing a guy for life....

(September 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Why?

And yeah - I'll go along with that. Lock him up in the nuthouse instead of a prison.... But LOCK HIM UP!
We have sentencing guidelines. Some are sentenced to prison, some get parole, some are sent to mental facilities, some a combination of two or more of those. When the time is up and the powers that be decide a person has completed their punishment and/or treatment. They are let out. It's that simple. Hinkley has served the time he was given.

Unless a person gets life without the possibility of parole or gets a death sentence...there's an end date for incarceration.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Why?

Do you feel that way because he attempted murder or because it was a president?  

I think it's a tricky thing with mentally ill people.  If they are truly mentally ill, they don't belong in a prison cell but perhaps a mental institution, but sometimes it seems like the plea of not guilty by reason of insanity is a bit of a stretch.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
Just for the record, I checked up on the sentences of known attempted presidential assassins when I heard he was out, and I found out that he was, hands down, the presidential would-be-assassin who spent the most time in custody. Admittedly, Arthur Bremer served a longer sentence (by two weeks), but he only attempted to assassinate George Wallace, a third-party candidate.

Frankly, given that his violent rampage was caused by a mental illness that people who’ve been taking care of him for longer than I’ve been alive have figured out how to mitigate its effects to the point where they’ve deemed him no longer a threat, and that this process has taken longer than anyone convicted of a comparable offense, this is all I have to say about the “ZOMG NO RELEASE EVAR” crowd:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 27, 2021 at 4:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Just like Yates, who did far worse, she is mentally ill. I'd only agree that even mentally ill, lifetime containment should be required. In a mental institution, not a prison. 

Boru

Punishment would be putting them in with violent sane prisoners in a regular prison. Containing the mentally ill that have gotten violent isn't saying they are like the sane. But it also does not mean they are safe in society either. 

Don't confuse punishment with containment. If you want to argue Hinkley and Yates are mentally ill, I am with you. Nobody should argue they deserve the needle or gas chamber or waterboarding. But they are still a danger to society. 

Bundy and Dahmer are/were not mentally ill. Hinkley and Yates should not get out. Not because they knew what they were doing, but because they are a danger to public safety. They should not be punished or abused at all. But that does not make them safe for the public.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosby on the loose. onlinebiker 58 6488 July 28, 2021 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  John Oliver on riots and looting. Brian37 31 2600 June 9, 2020 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 898 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  John Barlow Dead! chimp3 4 698 February 22, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Reince Priebus Out, John Kelly New WH Chief Of Staff A Theist 12 3144 July 29, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Oliver being sued by Greedy Coal Bastard Divinity 2 1007 June 22, 2017 at 1:49 am
  John Oliver's Take on Theresa May's Disaster Minimalist 4 1471 June 12, 2017 at 6:16 pm
  John Oliver Blasts The WLB on Paris Accord Minimalist 0 750 June 5, 2017 at 11:44 am
  John "J." Geils dead at 71 c172 4 922 April 12, 2017 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  John Hurt Snuffs It At 77 BrianSoddingBoru4 23 3058 January 28, 2017 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye