Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus had no parents
Jesus had no parents
As we all know, there is the entire deal about Joseph not having sex with Mary to make Jesus and perhaps the reason for that is that ancient people regarded sex as something dirty.

So, they have decided that Jesus’s birth is a magical thing.
Is it possible that ancient jews believed that the woman just plays the role of a box, an incubator, a uterus? I don’t think they were aware about the egg that mammal females have.
Perhaps they believed that the children are 100% that of the father.

So perhaps, Jesus is not a half human-half god thing for the ancient christians.
RE: Jesus had no parents
It's so obvious now.

[Image: jesus-was-an-extraterrestrial.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Fertility deities show people were not adverse to sex. Well, up to a certain point, that is, where the major changes seems to have begun with Judaism as it shifted drastically from pagan goddess worship to the monotheistic patriarchy which was also adopted by Christianity and Islam.

In those non-patriarchal societies, it was understood that women were the wellspring of life.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 6, 2021 at 10:15 pm)Foxaire Wrote: Fertility deities show people were not adverse to sex. Well, up to a certain point, that is, where the major changes seems to have begun with Judaism as it shifted drastically from pagan goddess worship to the monotheistic patriarchy which was also adopted by Christianity and Islam.

I'll let @Aliza weigh in how "Judaism" regards sex. Most of the Jewish people I know don't hold that sex is dirty, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Granted, Judaism seems to be more progressive than its counterparts in the unholy Judeo-Christian trinity, but it doesn't change the fact that Judaic history still had its dark periods.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 6, 2021 at 10:15 pm)Foxaire Wrote: Fertility deities show people were not adverse to sex. Well, up to a certain point, that is, where the major changes seems to have begun with Judaism as it shifted drastically from pagan goddess worship to the monotheistic patriarchy which was also adopted by Christianity and Islam.

In those non-patriarchal societies, it was understood that women were the wellspring of life.

I guess for every person who believes in X, you’ll have another person who believes in Y, another person who believes in Z.
The most developed lifeform in which parthenogenesis (virgin birth) occurs naturally is the domesticated turkey. It has never been observed to occur naturally in mammals, although it has been done in the lab. Since any such progeny in mammals would lack any possibility of a Y chromosome, all parthenogenically-produced mammals would be female. Therefore, Jesus was either a woman or a turkey.

Suck on THAT, god-botherers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'll just toss this in since it hasn't been said yet. The virgin birth god/messiah trope was old when the Jesus story was concocted. In short, it was co-opted.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(October 7, 2021 at 8:24 am)Spongebob Wrote: I'll just toss this in since it hasn't been said yet.  The virgin birth god/messiah trope was old when the Jesus story was concocted.  In short, it was co-opted.

As was redemptive sacrifice, ritual cannibalism, salvation, and such like and so on. Christians did a lousy job of filing off the serial numbers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 7, 2021 at 8:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 7, 2021 at 8:24 am)Spongebob Wrote: I'll just toss this in since it hasn't been said yet.  The virgin birth god/messiah trope was old when the Jesus story was concocted.  In short, it was co-opted.

As was redemptive sacrifice, ritual cannibalism, salvation, and such like and so on. Christians did a lousy job of filing off the serial numbers.

Boru

It's too bad the concept of a copyright didn't exist back then.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK Bill to allow parents to sue teachers if they teach anything that opposes religion Cecelia 28 2058 February 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1255 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  My Mormon parents NuclearEnergy 11 2318 October 9, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  So Noah had crab lice Fake Messiah 0 532 July 18, 2021 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1187 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2880 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A religious delimma. (God Parents) ignoramus 2 685 June 29, 2018 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2473 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  I have a question about religious parents Der/die AtheistIn 22 3751 January 25, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: brewer
  If atheists had a nickle ............. Brian37 11 2422 December 17, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician