Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Sinned
Video 
Jesus Sinned

RE: Jesus Sinned
What a jerk Wacky

1. The instruction is to the Jews & not God himself > Jesus.
2. The laws, although literal, do not apply universally. That is, they were superseded by the new covenant, if you want to address Christianity properly.
2. The term hades was obviously, more than obviously, a reference to hell.
(March 19, 2011 at 9:05 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: What a jerk Wacky

1. The instruction is to the Jews & not God himself > Jesus.
2. The laws, although literal, do not apply universally. That is, they were superseded by the new covenant, if you want to address Christianity properly.
2. The term hades was obviously, more than obviously, a reference to hell.

Yes, we know "hades" is a reference to hell. That's a moot point though. The law states, and even makes it a point, not to utter the name of other gods. Here's the scripture: "[...] and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth". Jesus could have very well said "γέεννα" or "τάρταρος", both of which mean "hell" and are used in the bible. There are also other words for hell which are not in the bible.

Now, about this nonsense of a new covenant. First off, read what Jesus says in Matthew 5:17-20. Still believe that the OT is nullified? Second, whenever the bible says "new" covenant; it means "unique" because it uses the word "καινός". There is one scripture that does use "νέος" which means "new" however. It's Hebrew 12:24. But this scripture doesn't in any way indicate that the new supersedes the old. Rather, it's just referencing to differentiate. By the way, the new covenant is prophesied in Jeremiah 31:31-34. I'm telling you this because most people don't even know what the "new" covenant is. Please, tell me where you get the idea that the OT is nullified. EVEN IF THIS WAS TRUE... the new covenant would not begin until the book of Acts, which is after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Your first point is irrelevant. Yes, the instruction is to the Jews on Mount Sinai. But guess what? JESUS IS A JEW!!
The OT is not nullified... but translated perfectly by Jesus. The Jews thought Jesus blasphemed because he claimed to be God <-- That's more strongly contrary to Judaic law. Yet Jesus was the bringer of the new covenant. He demonstrated to those interpreting the law that their interpretation was wrong.
Um...

Quote:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

-- Matthew 5

When last I looked heaven and earth are still here...but I'll go outside and check again just to make sure if you like.
You saw heaven Min? Seriously?
I've seen it everyday fr0ds, it has clouds, and stars at night. Never seen a bunch of people playing harp there though Big Grin
One of the many contradictions within Christianity.

Jesus is said to be God AND man. BUT God is perfect. If he sins he is imperfect and cannot be God. Humans are imperfect. If he does not sin he is perfect and cannot be human.

I won't even start on original sin or the fatuous invention of driving the money lenders from the temple.(sin of anger)
Here's something I'd read a few years ago that relates to this very subject.
It's like a Chick tract with its views on Christianity completely inverted.

http://www.luciferianliberationfront.org/tosm.html
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 20, 2011 at 4:56 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You saw heaven Min? Seriously?

Everytime when one looked and found there was nothing to see, one looked at heaven.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7243 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? Greatest I am 143 52444 October 20, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7387 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist