Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey, I'm new
Hey, I'm new
Hey here's something that may sound like a joke to you- I am a theist.
Hi guys and ladies.
“The scientist is not a person who gives the right answers, he's one who asks the right questions.”
― Claude Lévi-Strauss
RE: Hey, I'm new
Hi.
Welcum to Atheist forums. Smile
Welcome fellow rationalist! Big Grin
(March 30, 2011 at 1:31 pm)therationalist Wrote: Hey here's something that may sound like a joke to you- I am a theist.
Hi guys and ladies.

Welcome to the forums Smile

What God do you believe in and why?

Fr0d0, you should really avoid considering yourself rational on metaphysical issues until you complete my epistemology challenge, I know it was lost in the great crash of 2011 but It'd be great if you can start a thread about it.
And which gods don't you believe in?
(March 30, 2011 at 2:44 pm)theVOID Wrote: Fr0d0, you should really avoid considering yourself rational on metaphysical issues until you complete my epistemology challenge, I know it was lost in the great crash of 2011 but It'd be great if you can start a thread about it.
I shall gladly wait until you get your cock out of your arse VOID.

WTF!!! ROFLOL
(March 30, 2011 at 1:31 pm)therationalist Wrote: Hey here's something that may sound like a joke to you- I am a theist.

Wait. Don't tell me ....
... Wotan, right? Good choice.

Welcome Smile
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
(March 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(March 30, 2011 at 2:44 pm)theVOID Wrote: Fr0d0, you should really avoid considering yourself rational on metaphysical issues until you complete my epistemology challenge, I know it was lost in the great crash of 2011 but It'd be great if you can start a thread about it.

WTF!!! ROFLOL

Another attempt to dodge?

For someone who is so insistent you have a coherent epistemology your absolute inability/refusal to present it in one place from start to finish is extremely telling.
Exclamation 
Hi guys and ladies.

Which do you consider me? I want to know how hostilely we should start off here Wink

Theism can be as rational as anything can be rational... but I don't that you are THE Rationalist. I met that man once. He wasn't very nice to me. I killed him. And then I took his stuff.

If you are him... then first: I want to know why I remember killing you, and how I failed to do so (I don't often fail at such :S)... and second: welcome back to the world of the living Smile We have a common frame of reference if you'd like to discuss what death entailed: I too was returned from the dead. I was also transported back in time to a key moment in this world's history to prevent what happened in the future without me. I also steal people's souls, but I don't eat them.

And no, I'm being completely serious Tiger
(March 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:

Don't be silly fr0d0... Void cannot even get his cock into his arse. It isn't a size problem (or one of flexibility): it's that Void's balls of steel get in the way.

So if you were waiting for something to unhappen that didn't happen: now should be fine Smile
(March 30, 2011 at 6:07 pm)theVOID Wrote: Another attempt to dodge?

You... don't expect this by now? 0.o I think fr0d0 should do as I do: avoid religious discussion at almost all times. Almost nobody wants to see my generally fair/neutral positions on religious debates, and the same number of people want to see fr0d0's epic dodge skillz. I think that the number of people who like seeing these things is... 3. And it's the same three.

And they only like it because of the lulz of brainmelt that they use as a pseudo-high every time they are out of weed money Sad

Quote:For someone who is so insistent you have a coherent epistemology your absolute inability/refusal to present it in one place from start to finish is extremely telling.

It is extremely telling of either his A: lack of interest in discussing his definitions for things, B: knowledge that most are unlikely to agree with his epistemology (maybe im misusing this word, I'm sleepy with my head full of russian grammar), C: possible absence of a coherent epistemology and he claims to have one only to not deal with the constraints of your epistemology, or D: something else that probably involves cats, like this one: Tiny Tiger

Though I agree with your sentiment, and would really appreciate fr0d0 writing down his epistemological so I can better understand his viewpoint... it is ultimately his decision if he wants to have that waving over his head in every discussion for the next fifty years or not. I am inclined to believe that it is extremely telling of B... though all it tells of is a faith-based and likely anecdotal sentiment.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3034 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1805 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 605 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball