Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I seriously just did this, buttttttt......
I seriously just did this, buttttttt......
Ok, full disclaimer, I have no magic power either way to crawl into the brain of Sheppard Smith whom used to work at Fox, but now works at CNBC. Now while I cant prove his intent either way as to why he left, all I would say is it would not surprise me in the least if Smith left because he was tired of the Australian asshole Rupert always dictating what he reported to the nanolevel. Rupert really is a fucking control freak, and if he were to sue me personally for saying that, FUCK HIM. I would rather lose my house and all my savings than to fear a bully and that is exactly what he is. That moron, just like Trump, doesn't understand the meaning of, "Just because you can do something, doesn't always mean you should, or more importantly means you are right or even moral for doing it" I merely means you are in the position to not have to fear as much about what you do than say a layperson who is a no name with no fleet of lawyers like he has. And don't give me any shit about defamation or liable Murdumb, because you are a PUBLIC FIGURE and nobody is obligated to believe me because of your wealth it is far harder for you to prove injurious intent to the point you would end up homeless with no money at all. It is called get over it, you are fucking public figure. If Obama always had the ability to sue your sorry ass, you would be penniless and homeless. 

Ok, now here is where the silly part comes in. 

I Tweeted to both Sean Hannity and Smith at the same time saying, NOW, please pay close attention to my HUGE error in using initials noting a legal document....... Basically I said something like "Now while I cannot prove it Sean, I would not be surprised if Smith left Fox because he got tired of the Australian Authoritarians boss, NDEs and all that".

Ok, so Smith left because had a Near Death Experience? OOOPS 

I meant to say "NDA" as in Non Discloser Agreement. 

Without that silly error, ultimately what I was saying even though  I cant crawl inside Smiths brain, all I can say is while he certainly could have left on amicable terms, at the same time, it also would not surprise me if he got tired of the CEO saying, "Just sell it, I don't care if it is bullshit. It sells add space."

But yea, there is a HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE between an NDE and an NDA. 

I always do that though, I am in such a rush to get a thought out so I don't lose it, because with me, even the slightest distraction, because of my A.D.D I have always thought it more important to risk the mistake and fix it later than to loose the meaning of the thought. 

If you keep a mistake you can always go back and fix it. But if you forget your thought because of a slight distraction, then your real meaning is lost. 

I just thought it was funny, that is all.

Just being sarcastic with the following.

On second thought, maybe Smith did have a Near Death Experience. Maybe he did come close to loosing his journalistic dignity. It would be easy to believe considering who his boss is.
RE: I seriously just did this, buttttttt......
Why is this even a thread?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 10, 2022 at 10:52 am)Angrboda Wrote: Why is this even a thread?

Holy crap really? Does everyone here think Atheists should only talk about religion in a serious manor?

Why is it not ok for me to admit I am DOH! Sometimes? That is quite normal. And if anyone claims they never do that outside the net, I would really have a hard time believing that. Because everyone admits they are not perfect in some way or at some point. 

Now to be fair to you somewhat, it is perfectly ok if joking about myself you didn't find it to be your thing. 

But please, don't be like " Since I didn't like it, you cant do it". 

It is a thread you do not have to agree with sure. But I don't see any point for anyone implying that we all need to be stuffed shirts in every post. 

It still objectively fact even outside humor, that NDE IS NOT A LEGAL TERM.
*manner

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It has nothing to do with whether the topic is appropriate or whether I like it or because I am a stuffed shirt.

Those are all straw men.

It's because the subject doesn't need its own thread and the topic is unlikely to solicit any significant discussion.

It's a trivial moment in your life that you've spammed into its own thread.

It would have fit fine in the Random Notes or What's Up threads. A whole thread for it is excessive.

You keep doing this and you've been told this by others than myself. You're being a self-centered jerk and creating unnecessary, spammy threads. Stop it.
(July 10, 2022 at 11:09 am)Angrboda Wrote: It has nothing to do with whether the topic is appropriate or whether I like it or because I am a stuffed shirt.

Those are all straw men.

It's because the subject doesn't need its own thread and the topic is unlikely to solicit any significant discussion.  

It would have fit fine in the Random Notes or What's Up threads.  A whole thread for it is excessive.

You keep doing this and you've been told this by others than myself.  You're being a self-centered ass and creating unnecessary threads.  Stop it.

How can that be correct logically speaking if you are arguing it shouldn't have it's own thread and I am arguing "why not?".

Isn't that the very definition of what you just said? You think it is not serious enough? Yea, my point is who cares? Or more like, what is wrong with it? 

I am not trying to rent space in your head attempting to save face. I seriously don't see what the harm is.
Brian are you ok?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(July 10, 2022 at 11:24 am)tackattack Wrote: Brian are you ok?

Yes I am perfectly fine. I am not going to sacrifice a virgin by throwing her in a volcano. Mitch McConnell did not implant computer chips in my brain to indoctrinate me, nor are you.

It is a simple matter of someone saying x and y and z and my not seeing how that follows. No judgment, just saying.
(July 10, 2022 at 11:16 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 10, 2022 at 11:09 am)Angrboda Wrote: It has nothing to do with whether the topic is appropriate or whether I like it or because I am a stuffed shirt.

Those are all straw men.

It would have fit fine in the Random Notes or What's Up threads. A whole thread for it is excessive.

You keep doing this and you've been told this by others than myself. You're being a self-centered ass and creating unnecessary threads. Stop it.

How can that be correct logically speaking if you are arguing it shouldn't have it's own thread and I am arguing "why not?".

Isn't that the very definition of what you just said? You think it is not serious enough? Yea, my point is who cares? Or more like, what is wrong with it?

I am not trying to rent space in your head attempting to save face. I seriously don't see what the harm is.

If everybody created a thread for as little as you do there would be so many high noise / low signal threads that nobody would want to visit the forum. We don't do so because most of us have enough sense to realize that this would be the result if your standards for creating a thread were widely adopted. It doesn't happen because fortunately only a couple douche bags like you and Flat Asssembler are too stupid to realize that cluttering up the forum with threads nobody cares to read drives down the overall quality and value of the forum by diluting actual, substantive threads. Imagine this is a Google search. You put your search terms in and it returns a list of links. Which would you prefer, 5 irrelevant links for every page of 25 links, or 10 irrelevant links? 15 irrelevant links? 20 irrelevant links? What you're doing is creating the equivalent of irrelevant links, forcing everybody to waste their time trying to figure out if you are saying something worth reading, and just generally pissing people off. That's the harm you're doing, and you don't see it because you're too stupid to see how your insensitive actions affect other people. The reason what you're doing doesn't cause significant harm is because so few members are sufficiently stupid and insensitive to act as you do, not because there's nothing wrong with what you are doing. We're just lucky that few people are as stupid and clueless as you are. But where there are two, there will soon be three. And where there are three, there will soon be four. Eventually you and those others will have ruined a good forum.

Now, go look up "the tragedy of the commons." Sure, if one person pisses in the pool, no biggie. If three people do, not so little. Eight people piss in the pool. Regardless of how many, it's still pissing in the pool.
(July 10, 2022 at 11:04 am)arewethereyet Wrote: *manner

Here is a 'serious manor' in which you can talk about religion:

[Image: wayne.jpg?quality=75&width=982&height=726&auto=webp]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Seriously Unserious] Covid19 Theories! ignoramus 18 1374 June 2, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Dafuq Did I Just Read!? EgoRaptor 5 3123 December 31, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  Seriously?!!? Cinjin 11 2653 February 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas