Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The atheists bible.
The atheists bible.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/new...446028.stm

It seems A C Grayling has writen a text which he hopes will provide a nucleus for atheisic thinking.

Wont, work atheists are a cantankerous bunch of non-conformists.

Apart from the ones that arent.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: The atheists bible.
Way too much effort. A simple business card would suffice.

[Image: funny_atheist_card-p137872713349332234q6k5_400.jpg]
Quote:It seems A C Grayling has written a text which he hopes will provide a nucleus for atheistic thinking.

It seems A C Grayling is a moron. I only hope he has not and does not reproduce.
I tend to like Grayling, at least in the debates I've seen, but this is stoopid.
Quote:What is more, the King James Bible had a profound cultural impact, forming "the seed cause of democracy" which led, among other things, to the end of slavery.

I think Im going to barf.

Quote:Myths, he says, have been passed down over the generations, allowing something to emerge that speaks to a part of us that cannot be communicated with rationally.

Call it sin, or call it the unconscious, he explains, it is a part of human life that we find it very difficult to see with a clear rational eye

Coming from an Absurdist. I whole heartedly agree.
I dont understand why atheism would need a bible.
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
If I wish to let any written work to become iconic of my world view, I would select Newton's Principia Mathematica.
(April 8, 2011 at 1:18 pm)Chuck Wrote: If I wish to let any written work to become iconic of my world view, I would select Newton's Principia Mathematica.

I would say that if any one book contains what I think about the universe, I would use Carl Sagan's "Cosmos". It doesnt explain all of my views, but it explains how I look at the basics.
I say nonsense to all of you, the only book that contains a worldview is the book called you mind
(April 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm)Ashendant Wrote: I say nonsense to all of you, the only book that contains a worldview is the book called you mind

Is "you mind" in book form? LMFAO. I like your intent, and I agree. But the topic is "atheist bible"

do try to stay on topic for now on Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2197 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists interpret bible verses sinnerdaniel94 307 45713 October 19, 2015 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What do Atheists believe the Bible as? TheCarlisle 138 68203 July 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious