Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama 2012
Obama 2012
Obama has announced his bid to run again in 2012.

I'd like to offer some suggestions for honest campaign slogans that will set realistic expectations of what we can anticipate if he's re-elected. Above all, I like honesty and much of his problem in 2010 was that he demoralized his progressive base. We were fired up by slogans like "Yes we can!" and "Change we can believe in". However, this rhetoric was completely contradicted by his policy of premature compromise and surrender to a party that had been soundly rebuked in 2008 and reduced to minority status in both houses of Congress. Bitch slapping us prior to the 2010 election by calling us "whiners" didn't exactly help.

So here are my suggested campaign slogans:

Obama 2012: Aw C'mon Guys! (replaces "Yes we can!")
Obama 2012: Change you can see if you look really hard
Obama 2012: Who else ya gonna vote for, bitch?
Obama 2012: Republican lite
Obama 2012: Buck up, you whiner!
Obama 2012: Beating the Italian army's record for surrendering
Obama 2012: 3rd party? Yeah, right!
Obama 2012: This time, we'll make the Republicans negotiate before caving in on every issue
Obama 2012: You soon get used to being thrown under the bus and the tire tracks really go with what you're wearing
Obama 2012: Banking on the Republicans nominating a batshit crazy candidate.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Obama 2012
You don't have alternative although he's currently winning the polls, and the fact that republicans are pulling heavy offensive crap doesn't help
(April 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm)Ashendant Wrote: You don't have alternative although he's currently winning the polls, and the fact that republicans are pulling heavy offensive crap doesn't help

Republicans made the critical error of believing their own lies. They looked at the much hyped "Tea Party" and thought they really had grassroots support for the plutocracy they're trying to establish.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
The Republicans won in 2010 because unemployment was high and the Dems were in power. Any other lesson they think they got from it is all in their heads....or asses as the case may be.
Quote:So here are my suggested campaign slogans:

Obama 2012: We promise to take down guantanamo bay this time..seriously..we mean it this time.
Obama 2012: Caving in to the banks that you can believe in
Obama 2012: Progressive? Is that when you give free money to the corporations?
Obama 2012: Hoping low voter turnout goes my direction
Obama 2012: Democrats, another name for Republicans.
Here's one of the articles on the subject from MSNBC:

Quote:“We're doing this now because the politics we believe in does not start with expensive TV ads or extravaganzas, but with you -- with people organizing block-by-block, talking to neighbors, co-workers, and friends. And that kind of campaign takes time to build,” Obama says in his email.

Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure there are plenty of bipartisan Republicans and Conserva-Dems who'll be lining up to volunteer. Let me know if they're going to be there for you just like you've been there for them for the last two and a half years.

It conjures an image of a philandering husband who comes home late at night with lipstick all over his collar wanting to suddenly patch things up with his jilted wife now that he needs her.

The contrast in the enthusiasm between the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, as measured both in volunteer turnout and individual contributions, will likely be striking.
Quote:The contrast in the enthusiasm between the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, as measured both in volunteer turnout and individual contributions, will likely be striking.

Only until a nutty republicalibertarianazi front-runner emerges. Then the left will be highly motivated.
Obama 2012: The other side is a million times more terrifying, I assure you.
Obama 2012

[Image: palin_bachmann-nazi.jpg]

This is all he'll need.
(April 4, 2011 at 4:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: palin_bachmann-nazi.jpg]

My penis and sanity are at conflict again it seems. :S

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1198 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1440 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1876 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 538 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 8876 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1950 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1269 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The Onion perfectly predicted Donald Trump in 2012 shadow 14 2201 August 24, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14749 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne