Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rejected or not?
Rejected or not?
I had a second date with this Japanese girl. Everything went smooth, as far as I can tell. Then we went to a bar to drink and eat.
After around one hour and a half, I asked her if she would kiss me. Now I dont remember exactly what she said at that moment, but at least we held hands (yeah I know it sounds childish). I know that Japanese girls follow more dating rules than western women do, etc. Since maybe asking for a kiss at a 2nd date was too early, I told her lets plan our next date. 
Here is where I dont know what is true, and what isnt.

She said she could meet me only until next year, on January. She said she was going back to her family house, although could not tell me exactly how many days, or weeks. I find this believable since it is Christmas, but on retrospective I feel it might not be true. I asked her if we could meet next Saturday at least just a couple of hours. She said no since she has to practice and prepare for an interview (she wants to be a voice actress). She sees my face of sadness and repeatedly says "sugu" which means it will be soon when we can meet again. I ask her if there is someone else, if there is soemthing wrong with me, and between the back and forth of all those questions she said a myriad of things, many which I find contradictory.
For example:
  • That I could find someone better until we meet again (why say this unless she is rejecting me?)
  • That she may or may not have someone else (didnt quite make it clear)
  • That her dreams are more important and she wants me to understand that
  • That, at least for now, she has no interest on me (maybe later, then?)
  • That for Japanese there are steps to follow when dating (which is true, but are you rejecting me or affirming it?)
Thing is at the end I asked her if she will really reply when I contact her next year, she said yes, I asked her if she promised it, and said yes. 
She also added me on IG, and then stopped following me the next day. But I still follow her (why not remove me?), and I sent her a selfie we took the next day on LINE, and she read the message, meaning she did not block me on LINE yet (why not if she wants to never see me again?).
The final detail that I have omitted, which still baffles me, is that when I asked her for a kiss she lowered her head and her eyes got watery, I even told her not to cry. Why react this way? I can only think that she felt pity for me because she knew she was going to reject me from the start, or maybe she wanted to but decided a relationship with me was not appropiate since "her dreams are more important" (as mentioned above). 

I do not know what is true, and what isnt. Is she really gonna reply when I message her next year? If yes, will she make more excuses? Is it to test me? 
I just dont know what to think. But I just get the feeling I will not see her again. It is just so confusing when everything is going fine, and you end up with a bunch of contradictory statements. Maybe if we were having a bad time or something I could understand, but I dont know.

This is of course a vague explanation since non verbal communication can not be transmitted accurately.
RE: Rejected or not?
Dude, you need to chill. Girls aren't worth all this. Move on.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(December 13, 2022 at 8:07 am)Ahriman Wrote: Dude, you need to chill. Girls aren't worth all this. Move on.

Worth what exactly?

But yeah I think I know the answer to the question
Simply - If you ask a person if you can do something to them, in this case, kiss them and they decline you have to realize that the question had a yes or no answer as the choices.

On a second date I don't see why someone would feel obligated to answer your barrage of questions regarding where they are going to be for the next couple weeks.

Calm down. It was a second date not a lifetime commitment. If you hear from her, fine, if not, also fine. She has the right to decline further contact or to welcome further contact.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 13, 2022 at 8:21 am)Macoleco Wrote:
(December 13, 2022 at 8:07 am)Ahriman Wrote: Dude, you need to chill. Girls aren't worth all this. Move on.

Worth what exactly?

But yeah I think I know the answer to the question

They aren't worth writing a very long thread/post.
(December 13, 2022 at 8:33 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Simply - If you ask a person if you can do something to them, in this case, kiss them and they decline you have to realize that the question had a yes or no answer as the choices.

On a second date I don't see why someone would feel obligated to answer you barrage of questions regarding where they are going to be for the next couple weeks.

Calm down.  It was a second date not a lifetime commitment.  If you hear from her, fine, if not, also fine.  She has the right to decline further contact or to welcome further contact.

Yes, she is in her right to say no. I am willing to wait. But speaking honestly is also needed, so I we both know what is going on. I was left with the doubt.
She was the one who said she was going back to her family, I did not ask her for how long which is why I do not know. 

Yes she has the right to decline or welcome further contact, but I also have the right to know the truth.

I feel your response is blaming this on me a little too much. Expected, since I am the man.
(December 13, 2022 at 8:51 am)Macoleco Wrote:
(December 13, 2022 at 8:33 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Simply - If you ask a person if you can do something to them, in this case, kiss them and they decline you have to realize that the question had a yes or no answer as the choices.

On a second date I don't see why someone would feel obligated to answer you barrage of questions regarding where they are going to be for the next couple weeks.

Calm down.  It was a second date not a lifetime commitment.  If you hear from her, fine, if not, also fine.  She has the right to decline further contact or to welcome further contact.

Yes, she is in her right to say no. I am willing to wait. But speaking honestly is also needed, so I we both know what is going on. I was left with the doubt.
She was the one who said she was going back to her family, I did not ask her for how long which is why I do not know. 

Yes she has the right to decline or welcome further contact, but I also have the right to know the truth.

I feel your response is blaming this on me a little too much. Expected, since I am the man.

Perhaps she isn't comfortable in telling you her plans for the next couple weeks.

She doesn't owe you anything.  It was a second date.  

Not blaming anyone.  Just pointing out that you are expecting a lot that she obviously isn't willing to give.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The thing is that nobody can tell you what she is thinking or planning, maybe she does not even know, and maybe she needs to think about it. If she was completely disinterested in you, she would probably tell you, but again, it's not like we have a crystal ball. That's why you should loosen up.

Btw, do they/ she celebrate Christmas in Japan?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 13, 2022 at 8:51 am)Macoleco Wrote:

Actually no, you don't have the right to know the truth. And yes, you're a man, you should act like one.
(December 13, 2022 at 9:03 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: The thing is that nobody can tell you what she is thinking or planning, maybe she does not even know, and maybe she needs to think about it. If she was completely disinterested in you, she would probably tell you, but again, it's not like we have a crystal ball. That's why you should loosen up.

Btw, do they/ she celebrate Christmas in Japan?

Yes, but I think it is mainly between couples and friends, not family.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western women are being rejected larson 54 10704 May 25, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: eggie
  Pirate Bay Founders Case Rejected by Human Rights Court Phish 0 990 March 17, 2013 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Phish