Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran
New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran
This was a main event that was treated in the news today. A Neo-Nazi idiot called Rasmus Paludan burned the Quran in front of the Turkish Embassy in Sweden. Sweden seems to think it’s a liberty of expression, I rather think it’s a hate crime.

Proof: Another video he posted some 9 months ago that I will share here:

Other element: These events are usually followed by some mass protests in other parts of the world + some religious show of force + the burning of Swedish flags etc.

I don’t think this should be our main issue either. An imbecil with a certificate is not the main issue of Muslims around the world. I think our main issues should be things that are closely related to our ability to understand the original message like human rights, modernization, women’s rights, secularism, freedom of choice in terms of religion, tolerance, education, ability to create artistic / scientific / literary works, being more than a terror and oil exporting region of the world, the adoption of democratic, individualistic, libertarian, 21st century values. These should be our issues. Currently Turkey is the only democratic and secular Muslim majority country in the world and all of its “Muslim” neighbors are trying to Islamize Turkey. So as always, I believe that our own issues are always much more important and require much deeper actions than the shouting of slogans or the burning of Swedish flags. But I am still sharing the video just to demonstrate that this is a hate crime and not a simple usage of the freedom of expression.
RE: New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran
(January 24, 2023 at 2:04 pm)Leonardo17 Wrote: This was a main event that was treated in the news today. A Neo-Nazi idiot called Rasmus Paludan burned the Quran in front of the Turkish Embassy in Sweden. Sweden seems to think it’s a liberty of expression, I rather think it’s a hate crime.

Other element: These events are usually followed by some mass protests in other parts of the world + some religious show of force + the burning of Swedish flags etc.

I don’t think this should be our main issue either. An imbecil with a certificate is not the main issue of Muslims around the world. I think our main issues should be things that are closely related to our ability to understand the original message like human rights, modernization, women’s rights, secularism, freedom of choice in terms of religion, tolerance, education, ability to create artistic / scientific / literary works, being more than a terror and oil exporting region of the world, the adoption of democratic, individualistic, libertarian, 21st century values. These should be our issues. Currently Turkey is the only democratic and secular Muslim majority country in the world and all of its “Muslim” neighbors are trying to Islamize Turkey. So as always, I believe that our own issues are always much more important and require much deeper actions than the shouting of slogans or the burning of Swedish flags. But I am still sharing the video just to demonstrate that this is a hate crime and not a simple usage of the freedom of expression.

Burning a book - any book - is not a hate crime. It’s stupid, childish, and spiteful, but not a hate crime.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I pulled all of the tape out of dad's CW Mccall 8-track.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It's just a book, lots of others around, nothing has been lost.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Where in the Original Message™ does it say that burning magic book is double-plus ungood?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 24, 2023 at 3:05 pm)brewer Wrote: I pulled all of the tape out of dad's CW Mccall 8-track.

I think that comes under the heading of a public service.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 24, 2023 at 2:04 pm)Leonardo17 Wrote: This was a main event that was treated in the news today. A Neo-Nazi idiot called Rasmus Paludan burned the Quran in front of the Turkish Embassy in Sweden. Sweden seems to think it’s a liberty of expression, I rather think it’s a hate crime.

If burning the Koran is a hate crime, then I might argue preaching a monotheistic self-aggrandizing religion like Islam is also a hate crime.    The Koran didn’t get to where it is today by not vigorously inciting the destruction of other people’s holy texts everywhere Islam went for the last 1400 years. 

Where are most of the native creeds and religions and holy texts in places where islam rules supreme today?   Where they went, Islam and Koran can also be made to go.
(January 24, 2023 at 6:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 24, 2023 at 3:05 pm)brewer Wrote: I pulled all of the tape out of dad's CW Mccall 8-track.

I think that comes under the heading of a public service.

Boru

Country music is a religion in the sandhills, definitely desecration.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 24, 2023 at 2:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Burning a book - any book - is not a hate crime. It’s stupid, childish, and spiteful, but not a hate crime.

Boru

Yes. And That’s what the Swedish Government is saying. And they are right, you may be not liking a book, a book being a physical object you have the right to burn it. That’s their law.

But look at his face: This is a Hitler loving / Muslim hating psychopath. That’s what he is doing. So I reserve the right to call him a SoB. And that’s my freedom of expression. Smile
(January 24, 2023 at 4:04 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Where in the Original Message™ does it say that burning magic book is double-plus ungood?

No. But in the whole region around here you’ve had a lot of show of force. Women with headscarves (how could we do without them), burning of Swedish flags, bearded idiots shouting İslamist slogans (just three month before the general elections in Turkey. What a coincidence?) etc. just typical ego-responses and more enmity between human beings as if this is exactly what we need.

I see myself as above this kind of people. They are not really my problem. That’s why I created this topic. But he is still what he is. There are many Muslims in Europe who do feel offended by that. So I personally really don’t like what he did. I see it as a purely racist motivated action.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2776 9 hours ago
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20557 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1283 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4386 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2904 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48882 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12358 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 865 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14594 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  [Quranic Reflection]: acttion against Macron's insult in the light of the Quran. WinterHold 56 7662 November 3, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate