Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is/was your favorite arcade game?
What is/was your favorite arcade game?
Arcade machines only, not videogames.

I just picked up Joust for the XBOX. I wasted a buttload of quarters on that game. That and Defender.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: What is/was your favorite arcade game?
[Image: 134701480-fd64698f-a976-4f23-a6dd-4c836519703b.jpg]

Good choice!
[Image: arcade-atari-battlezone.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 15, 2023 at 9:14 am)brewer Wrote: [Image: arcade-atari-battlezone.jpg]

IIRC, there was a plausibly good copy on the Atari 2600. That was one of my favorites as well, but not in the arcade.

There was a machine at the ski lodge which would rack up free games if you hit the coin box hard enough, and that wasn't difficult wearing ski boots. I may have spent more time there than on the slopes.
I am so unbelievably bad at arcade and video games that there is no way to claim a favorite. I was even bad at pinball. Video games beyond Duck Hunt and Tetris are beyond me.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

vanguard video game 1980s

(July 15, 2023 at 1:27 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: vanguard video game 1980s

Quote:The Gond has been terrorizing nearby space colonies with its periodic raids of destruction. The time has come to put an end to his reign of terror. The player has been selected to pilot an advanced fighter ship with high offensive capabilities, and must enter the cave inside the asteroid where the Gond makes his home, and safely fly through every zone; the Mountain Zone, Rainbow Zone, Styx Zone, Stripe Zone, Bleak Zone, and the City of Mystery (aka Last Zone) where the Gond is rumored to reside. The player must take the Gond out, and succeed in the mission. If unsuccessful, the colonies will be doomed.

Wikipedia

[Image: sddefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAFEOAD8quKqQ...55zEd0FVTg]
Apparently they were going to make Joust, The Movie, but Midway Entertainment went bankrupt before it came to fruition. One can only wonder why, with such great ideas.

[Image: sddefault.jpg]

[Image: JOUST-WEB.jpg]
Solar warriors. Because I set the high score on it in my college dorm that remain unbeaten for a year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite "original" gaming song Foxaèr 18 3149 July 25, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Favorite video game soundtracks/songs/scores ApeNotKillApe 89 12498 January 30, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2762 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  [Idea] Multiplayer Browser Based Game Where You Create Your Own Religion Tiberius 52 11709 June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  anyone still play battlefield 2? (not bad company, the arcade version) xr34p3rx 0 809 January 16, 2014 at 3:42 am
Last Post: xr34p3rx
  Your favorite free MMO? Foxaèr 0 881 April 8, 2013 at 3:07 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your Game of the year 2012? Something completely different 44 12944 December 2, 2012 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
Thumbs Up Favorite Video Game HeyItsZeus 33 11356 April 26, 2011 at 2:21 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Your Favorite Boardgame Eilonnwy 60 16681 September 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Entropist