Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Astronophiles
Question for Astronophiles
Take the pillars of creation image you find online. It can't literally be a picture of such a mass but still be an accurate representation of what it honestly looks like from relative perspective? Its not just a lucid dream somebody had one day where they stored all the secrets they kept away from their customers and then they paid a bunch of NASA hacks to claim it was a verified image of a celestial higher power?

See what I'm saying? NASA scientists can say that the pillars of creation are more than simply a digital rendering made from assumptions of mathematical models. And these models are associated with all sciences in which we rely on because we can move faster with them than without them. This is why America went to the moon right? To prove that the math said that it was at least plausible and only missing a positive thrusting device that we could board one body at a time. But fundamentally, the science has mostly only proven to be necessary as far as we need it to accomplish something we couldn't without it

You know what I'm saying? If I have faith in the NASA scientist that the pillars of creation are definitely an amazing and awe inspiring aspect to what the universe is and how it makes itself grow, then I would have a certified faith in the other wonders of science that I don't fully be without fully understanding how impossible our life would be without it. But that caps out at plane travel being the top use of the science that we couldn't live without and what good is that really when you think about it? Then the next would be general automobile society where if you don't have one then you still probably live off of a public version of it because you need to save the time and energy for the space youre moving, however, there is a lot more general understanding why a human could find plenty of usable need with having an automobile at their use. Also, there are trains which seem to have the most upside of being the best long term investment of time to need of saving spacetime for more qualitative space and time use.

So I'm saying that I have a tremendous amount of faith in the sorts of people who released a digital rendering of something they coined "the pillars of creation" because I have seen what sorts of things only could have been created with the sorts of minds that can see a massive objects in plain sight while the rest of us are still wondering why it hurts to stare at the sun
RE: Question for Astronophiles
So they made a mistake in naming it that. Go figure.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
What are you saying?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2023 at 3:37 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What are you saying?

Boru

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/202...f-creation
~ Erin Hunter
(July 16, 2023 at 3:38 am)Tomato Wrote:

Boru

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/202...f-creation

Not helpful, but thanks just the same.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Boru

I'm an oldschool science nut. I want to believe science is the only pursuit worth pursuing because its existence came long before my favorite things existed. So if scientists must let me down about certain space ship technology that isn't presently possible, I would like to know how well astronomers really know the universal bodies we can see from the dark energies perspective
(July 16, 2023 at 3:42 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 3:38 am)Tomato Wrote: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/202...f-creation

Not helpful, but thanks just the same.

Boru

He's saying since NASA named the area in space as the Pillars of Creation that NASA believes the religious association to god. As I said, they shouldn't have chosen such a name for it.
~ Erin Hunter
What I'm saying is, someone, once said something. That something is something that resonates with me. Therefore, that something they someone once said, is something I consider to be proof of said something.
(July 16, 2023 at 3:45 am)Tomato Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 3:42 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Not helpful, but thanks just the same.

Boru

He's saying since NASA named the area in space as the Pillars of Creation that NASA believes the religious association to god. As I said, they shouldn't have chosen such a name for it.

Choosing that name can also be take as being a shot at religion. The phrase comes from a 19th Century sermon by British pastor (whose name escapes me) in which Christ is described as holding up ‘the Pillars of Creation’. It’s almost as if NASA was saying, ‘Nah - these are the pillars of creation. Jesus, not so much.’

Boru
(July 16, 2023 at 3:43 am)Won2blv Wrote:

Boru

I'm an oldschool science nut. I want to believe science is the only pursuit worth pursuing because its existence came long before my favorite things existed. So if scientists must let me down about certain space ship technology that isn't presently possible, I would like to know how well astronomers really know the universal bodies we can see from the dark energies perspective

(Bold mine)

That’s not science, that’s scientism, which is a self-defeating position.

Boru