Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
2024 US Presidential Election
Just a place to gather news and discuss related events.

RCP polling here:

Republican primary standings, aggregated polls: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7548.html

Democrat standings, again aggregated: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-8171.html

RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(August 14, 2023 at 2:56 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Just a place to gather news and discuss related events.

RCP polling here:

Republican primary standings, aggregated polls: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7548.html

Democrat standings, again aggregated: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-8171.html

These are some of the same polls that predicted a red wave in the last go ‘round. Let’s hope history repeats itself.

Trump is clearly a lock for the R nomination, but won’t win in general.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 14, 2023 at 3:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: These are some of the same polls that predicted a red wave in the last go ‘round. Let’s hope history repeats itself.

Boru

One slight dip in the economy, and Trump could absolutely win.

Republicans are also hoping to leverage the dumpster fire that is Hunter Biden to the max.
Trumps going to lose but it's going to be close maybe within a few million votes. I think the biggest reason will be he's going to have to divide his time too much to campaign effectively.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 14, 2023 at 3:48 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote:
(August 14, 2023 at 3:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: These are some of the same polls that predicted a red wave in the last go ‘round. Let’s hope history repeats itself.

Boru

Republicans are also hoping to leverage the dumpster fire that is Hunter Biden to the max.
I disagree I think Trumps going to have to actually make promises of how he's going to fix the economy simply saying "the economy is bad" will work on his followers but not the general populous they want a better economy not just a bad economy under new management, And no one outside his base cares about hunter biden the fact Republican house has wasted so much time making him a central issue rather then implementing any of the stuff they promised has not gone over well and if Trump can point to Hunter the Biden can point to Jared and Ivanka it's a no-win scenario.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Hopefully Trump will only be able to campaign from behind a plexiglass window in a prison somewhere.

It makes me queasy to even think about the upcoming pre-election circus.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Never underestimate a large crowd of conservative xians

(August 14, 2023 at 3:48 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote:

Boru

I doubt very much that the US economy is going to be much of a factor in this one. Trump can’t win without independents, and they appear to be troubled by the indictments.

In addition, a LOT of Gen Z voters will be voting for the first time in 2024.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 14, 2023 at 3:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 14, 2023 at 2:56 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Just a place to gather news and discuss related events.

RCP polling here:

These are some of the same polls that predicted a red wave in the last go ‘round. Let’s hope history repeats itself.

Boru

I think his nomination could be torpedoed by a conviction. I also think it's too far out to prognosticate.

I also think that the overturning of Roe v Wade will drive female and youth turnout. Hopefully the voting polity will see that not only a President but a Senate vote matters.

I agree the Trump is a poor fit for the general election. He's got a high floor but a low ceiling.

[Image: none-of-the-above.jpg?w=584]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1021 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 20354 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 873 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1569 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 997 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 799 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5352 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1918 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1079 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris