Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Ex-muslim and the truth about islam
Ex-muslim and the truth about islam
Hello everyone! 

I am an ex muslim who has seen and went though hell which really changed my views on islam and religion in general.

Now I luckily spawned in one of the most stable countries in the middle east (unironically) not a khaleeji country, its one of the levant countries and I am very lucky for that to happen. There is lots of liberals/more open minded people which is good. Now either way onto my story:

Growing up I was forced to read, recite and memorize the entire quran. (I never did and always caused problems with my father). I never took any of it seriously and kind of been atheist before I even knew what atheism was. But I always tried to reason with my self and said I am going to hell if I continue this way I guess it never worked. 

Now what really made me rethink this entire religion is seeing this sexually deprived, creepy, perverted society around me. Now think about it, Most schools are seregated due to islam obviously (only boys schools, only girls schools). Which obviously you guessed it creates a sexually deprived society. Men are literally the horniest ever since they barely see any girls in other than their mom and sister maybe. And you even notice how fucked up it is on the daily basis, lots of times women are minding their own business and men start cat calling them or for example honking for them if they are driving etc. Which makes girls very very uncomfrtable. And guess whats the root of this issue? Islam. It has even reached to a governmental level, Its so bad that if your a woman doing a driver's test and committ like 5 mistakes, you will pass since your just a slightly attractive woman. And there is many more examples and its a very well knwon thing in this country. And it fucking pisses me off, this fictional shitty meth ( Hehe ) from like a thousand plus years has really shaped our society and how it functions.

Now another thing is forcing the daughters to wear hijab. I have seen it my uncle has verbally and physically abused my cousin because shes doesnt want to wear a hijab. This girl almost killed herself from it. And I know many more examples of girls being beat up and not allowed to leave the house FOR MONTHS because they refuse to wear a fucking cloth on their head. 

So from seeing all this, when I grew up a little (around 14/15) I started really making my mind up. It was a slow process and I kept thinking to myself "its the law its from allah its fine" But deep down I knew this was fucking up. So after much research and stuff after around a year and a half I made my mind up and I officially just didnt give a fuck about allah, god or whatever. I felt and still feel very good about it but I just cant wait to finish this year and fuck off and move to germany next year. 

So yeah thats my story and everything

Feel free to ask any questions or anything you want  Great Panic
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita's all I need
RE: Ex-muslim
Welcome to the forum.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Ex-muslim
(August 17, 2023 at 6:10 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Boru

Thanks mate, good to be here  Cool
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita's all I need
RE: Ex-muslim and the truth about islam
Administrator Notice
Post removed. This is an introductions thread with a ‘Serious’ tag.

Boru
Hiya Meth, having lived in Teheran for four years under the Shah's regime, the Islam practiced then was less onerous than it is now -- but it was still ugly, what with the public expiation at the end of Ramadan, etc.

Welcome aboard, Meth, and congratulations on successfully making it out of fundamentalism.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Feel free to ask any questions or anything you want  

My bad, I guess this doesn't mean the same thing where I come from.
(August 17, 2023 at 6:01 am)Methamphetamine Wrote: Hello everyone! 

I am an ex muslim who has seen and went though hell which really changed my views on islam and religion in general.

Now I luckily spawned in one of the most stable countries in the middle east (unironically) not a khaleeji country, its one of the levant countries and I am very lucky for that to happen. There is lots of liberals/more open minded people which is good. Now either way onto my story:

Growing up I was forced to read, recite and memorize the entire quran. (I never did and always caused problems with my father). I never took any of it seriously and kind of been atheist before I even knew what atheism was. But I always tried to reason with my self and said I am going to hell if I continue this way I guess it never worked. 

Now what really made me rethink this entire religion is seeing this sexually deprived, creepy, perverted society around me. Now think about it, Most schools are seregated due to islam obviously (only boys schools, only girls schools). Which obviously you guessed it creates a sexually deprived society. Men are literally the horniest ever since they barely see any girls in other than their mom and sister maybe. And you even notice how fucked up it is on the daily basis, lots of times women are minding their own business and men start cat calling them or for example honking for them if they are driving etc. Which makes girls very very uncomfrtable. And guess whats the root of this issue? Islam. It has even reached to a governmental level, Its so bad that if your a woman doing a driver's test and committ like 5 mistakes, you will pass since your just a slightly attractive woman. And there is many more examples and its a very well knwon thing in this country. And it fucking pisses me off, this fictional shitty meth ( Hehe ) from like a thousand plus years has really shaped our society and how it functions.

Now another thing is forcing the daughters to wear hijab. I have seen it my uncle has verbally and physically abused my cousin because shes doesnt want to wear a hijab. This girl almost killed herself from it. And I know many more examples of girls being beat up and not allowed to leave the house FOR MONTHS because they refuse to wear a fucking cloth on their head. 

So from seeing all this, when I grew up a little (around 14/15) I started really making my mind up. It was a slow process and I kept thinking to myself "its the law its from allah its fine" But deep down I knew this was fucking up. So after much research and stuff after around a year and a half I made my mind up and I officially just didnt give a fuck about allah, god or whatever. I felt and still feel very good about it but I just cant wait to finish this year and fuck off and move to germany next year. 

So yeah thats my story and everything

Feel free to ask any questions or anything you want  Great Panic

Welcome to rational thought and actual reality.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
I went to an all boys religious school.
I guarantee no one was sexually repressed.

My sisters went to all girls high school.
I can't count the number of them that got pregnant.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
Welcome! Lots here came from a religious past and saw that it was false.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truth hurts... Mystic 14 8071 November 13, 2017 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Finding the truth Dionysus 6 2163 January 23, 2017 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Dionysus
  Ex-Muslim progamz 10 2639 June 6, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Why I Left Islam And Became An Atheist mota 9 6748 May 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Ex-Muslim Ucaslog1 23 4742 May 7, 2013 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Ucaslog1
  islam, homosexuality, wars and atheism apostopare 4 2176 August 25, 2012 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Why I am not a Muslim anymore! Zamario 5 4779 October 29, 2010 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jonah