Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of music?
What kind of music?
If it's cool to do so, I'd like to start a thread where anyone can let us know what kind of music they're listening too. Either the name of the band, or the album it's on, and/or the song title. Whatever you're a fan of, it doesn't matter. We're all very different, but maybe we have the same tastes in music.

I've been a metalhead since the late 70's, so my contributions will almost always be from that genre of music, specifically black and/or death metal music. I'm retired on permanent disability, so now I listen to a lot of music, especially at the gym, and before my wife gets home from work. According to Spotify, I listened to over 55,000 minutes of music in 2022, and 51,000+ minutes in '21.

Music is very important to me, it always has been. It helps me get through the day, as well as deal with my chronic physical and mental issues. 
I'll start it off right now. They'll all be the song title, followed by the name of the band.

In Here by FUNERAL MIST.
RE: What kind of music?
The Atheist Forums Playlist

We also have this for posting videos if you are interested,

My taste in music is pretty eclectic and what I listen too is often guided by mood.

Not a fan of the new country music...more of a fan of the folky, outlaw music...think Willie Nelson.

Overall though, I'm a child of the 70s so it's rock for me most of the time.  I am not a big fan of metal any more though I don't HATE it.  It's just not my choice these days.

Electronica, alternative, R&B, Motown, some rap, Reggae ..really a little of everything.  Sometimes what gets me is the music, sometimes it's the lyrics.

My parents were young when they had me and they each had a wide range of music and that's why I am so open to so many types.  

The last few years I seem to return to CSN and sometimes Y....love them and their harmonies.

There's an alt band from Texas that got me through breast cancer because the songs at that time were pretty angry and sad.  Now that the main lyricist got his meds right and his issues straightened out, I don't like them as much....even have two CDs I have never opened from this new happy phase.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I have been mostly listening to playlists lately. Spent a little time exploring Love and Rockets.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My Spotify playlists:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/29u9fl...WbeMv4PLRg

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4S4RcF...C4OszbMZcQ
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Had a day of housework and Kevin Bloody Wilson.

'Tis good.
Dying to live, living to die.
Berliner Shule (Berlin School)...a genre of electronic music dating back to Phaedra by Tangerine Dream in 1974.  It would have remained a 1970s curiosity but Wavestar revived it in 1988 with Moonwind and now its here to stay.  Basically you have a robot on bass and humans jam on top of that with keyboards or electric guitar. The title track for Netflix' Stranger Things is Berlin School.
From Al Di Meola to ZZ top. From Sinatra to Slayer.

Do not like rap or country.
I drive a Chevrolet TRAX, a mini car of sorts. When I'm driving I play AC/DC. THUNDERSTRUCK
(September 8, 2023 at 9:39 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I drive a Chevrolet TRAX, a mini car of sorts. When I'm driving I play AC/DC. THUNDERSTRUCK

[Image: 694005d6622edf8bfc44604007ab79d2.jpg]
Rock, jazz, prog, some classical .. absolutly no rap or country Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What Kind Of Horror Do You Like ? The Architect Of Fate 43 1775 October 20, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 589 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 730 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2533 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3145 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1415 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is it harder to be kind or clever? ErGingerbreadMandude 25 2324 November 12, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 827 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Days of the Week Music Thread brewer 7 1185 May 29, 2016 at 12:14 am
Last Post: c172