Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Dickey is out of the Woods
Mark Dickey is out of the Woods
   The 40 year old caver Mark Dickey was throwing out blood because of a gastro-intestinal infection in a very deep cave near the city of Mersin (like two Empire State buildings). Thanks to the efforts of a multinational team he is now back among us. Full story:

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: Mark Dickey is out of the Woods
Moral of the story: Stay the fuck out of caves.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have often wondered why otherwise intelligent people would spend their off-time caving?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 13, 2023 at 4:26 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I have often wondered why otherwise intelligent people would spend their off-time caving?

There are also people who voluntarily jump out of perfectly good airplanes, which is a puzzle to me. Before I jump out of a plane, that motherfucker would have to be upside down and on fire.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 13, 2023 at 4:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 13, 2023 at 4:26 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I have often wondered why otherwise intelligent people would spend their off-time caving?

There are also people who voluntarily jump out of perfectly good airplanes, which is a puzzle to me. Before I jump out of a plane, that motherfucker would have to be upside down and on fire.

Boru

That's different.

Planes are ABOVE ground.
(September 13, 2023 at 4:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 13, 2023 at 4:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There are also people who voluntarily jump out of perfectly good airplanes, which is a puzzle to me. Before I jump out of a plane, that motherfucker would have to be upside down and on fire.

Boru

That's different.

Planes are ABOVE ground.

Of course it's different. Another difference is that nobody ever fell 40 000 feet out of a cave.

Boru
(September 13, 2023 at 4:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 13, 2023 at 4:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: That's different.

Planes are ABOVE ground.

Of course it's different. Another difference is that nobody ever fell 40 000 feet out of a cave.

Boru

That we know of...
So Dickey is out of the cave and that is not a Freudian slip.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 13, 2023 at 4:13 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:    The 40 year old caver Mark Dickey was throwing out blood because of a gastro-intestinal infection in a very deep cave near the city of Mersin (like two Empire State buildings). Thanks to the efforts of a multinational team he is now back among us. Full story:

For those of us who don't know the height of the Empire State Building, would it be too hard to give it in meters (or even feet if you must)?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 13, 2023 at 7:12 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(September 13, 2023 at 4:13 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:    The 40 year old caver Mark Dickey was throwing out blood because of a gastro-intestinal infection in a very deep cave near the city of Mersin (like two Empire State buildings). Thanks to the efforts of a multinational team he is now back among us. Full story:

For those of us who don't know the height of the Empire State Building, would it be too hard to give it in meters (or even feet if you must)?

5816 bananas deep.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 470 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 415 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Mark Cuban, "spend it or lose it" idea. Brian37 29 2032 May 19, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Poor Mark Zuckerberg popeyespappy 4 620 July 26, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Mark Wainberg Aids Trailblazer Dies Amarok 1 539 April 12, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13