Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Borowitz Really Nails It Today
Andy Borowitz Really Nails It Today
Quote:Exporting Democracy Has Led to Shortages of it in U.S., Experts Say
Wisconsin, Florida Hardest Hit

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – The U.S. policy of exporting democracy abroad has meant that there is very little of it left at home.

That is the grim assessment of a new study commissioned by the University of Minnesota, which predicts that if the U.S. continues to export democracy at its current pace it may completely run out of it at home by the year 2015.

“We have been exporting democracy to Afghanistan and Iraq while there are severe shortages of it in Wisconsin and Florida,” said Professor Davis Logsdon, who supervised the study. “This is madness.”

Citing the study, Speaker of the House John Boehner said today, “It has been clear to me for some time that we must explore alternative forms of government, such as oligarchy or plutocracy.”

Noting that democracy originated in Greece, Mr. Boehner added, “We must reduce our dependence on foreign sources of government.”

The University of Minnesota study contains several proposals, such as outsourcing the U.S. government to the world’s largest democracy, India.

“The work done by Congress could be accomplished much more efficiently by a series of electronic phone prompts,” the study recommends.

But Mr. Boehner warned that eliminating Congress entirely would have disastrous effects: “That would destroy entire sectors of our economy, especially the prostitution industry.”

Speaking from one of the states hardest hit by the democracy shortage, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker downplayed the seriousness of the problem, calling democracy “overrated.”

“Teachers may teach our children that democracy is important,” he said, “but the solution is to get rid of the teachers.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/
RE: Andy Borowitz Really Nails It Today
Awesome! Great post.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
It's a parody... no wonder i found it so confusing ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sae, darling.....what are we going to do with you?
Egypt is prosecuting its former dictator, bringing him and all his cronies to justice.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/1...6020110413

When is the Middle-East going to export democracy to America?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Nobody wants to fight their own wars anymore. Nobody is willing to give their own lives for their freedom (not that I blame them). Here in the USA, our fore-fathers fought the armies of England for our independance and sadly, there were MANY lost lives. Why does the US government feel that we have to go fight everyone's battles for them? Why is it our responsibility to make sure everyone has democracy? If any given country out there WANTS freedom than I hate to say it, but they can fight their own god-damn war. We fought ours. We died for what we have and quite frankly it is my humble opinion that they can die for theirs, and all I have to say to our elected leaders is, "stop sticking our nose in everyone elses business!!"

....just my humble opinion. Dead Horse
[Image: Evolution.png]

(April 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sae, darling.....what are we going to do with you?

Hopefully not tell me that it was a serious article? Tongue

My faith in humanity is low to the point that I could honestly believe people to be that moronic Undecided
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2414 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I voted today. Brian37 17 1042 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1977 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I love AOC! She nails it on the head! Secular Elf 11 1080 March 4, 2020 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5305 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1133 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Voted today. Brian37 109 11455 November 7, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 636 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  So today my "neighbor rapists" ...... Brian37 37 3220 March 7, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Borowitz: Pence Has A Plan Minimalist 4 591 December 3, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13