Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Open Discussion on Russian Identity
An Open Discussion on Russian Identity
   Today I wanted to add some perspective on the DNA or the true identity of the Russian state. That’s because I do not really agree with today’s Ukrainian biased / Western perception of the USSR entirely. Especially for the North Americans, the USSR is “The Empire of Evil”. So I want to put that a little bit into perspective if I can.

Now Bolshevism does not exist anymore. The Soviet Union is gone. But there is still this “DNA of the Russian State”. And I believe Putin is the greatest betrayal to this Russian DNA. It is an abomination for Soviet times (as I tried to show). And if there were any Tsarist alive in our time, I think they would agree that it is an abomination to that as well.  
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: An Open Discussion on Russian Identity
(November 25, 2023 at 10:21 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Communism is a society with no social classes.

The Soviet society definitely had two classes in practice, the nomenklatura and the proletariat. The former had access to luxury shops, foreign travel, and other special privileges.

An asshat is an asshat is an asshat. No matter witch patch of dirt sprouted them.
My family has lived in the CCCP from 1945 to 1962. My extended family is still living on this former CCCP territory now, being EU citizens now.
At best your fairy tale fits to major population centers. Everybody else, everywhere else was just struggling for survival.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Empire of Evil...eh?

[Image: Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs?format=jpg&name=medium]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 25, 2023 at 1:04 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: My family has lived in the CCCP from 1945 to 1962. My extended family is still living on this former CCCP territory now, being EU citizens now.
At best your fairy tale fits to major population centers. Everybody else, everywhere else was just struggling for survival.

The US President Biden has some very interesting explanation on Stalinian agricultural policies to break the spirit of Ukrainian resistance during the Holodomor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-draws-p...46982.html

1) All I am saying is that these two things are different. No one could coexist with Imperial Japan. The CCCP existed some 80 years, we had a border with them in the East, and a border with their satellite state in the West. Nothing bad happened. I least they didn’t invade us (I mean my country + they even helped us in our war of independence).

2) And after they were gone they weren’t hated by everyone. Only very nationalistic Spaniard love Franco today. There is no one who commemorates people like Augusto Pinochet in Chile today. Only people with psychic issues love fascist dictators. That is not the case for communists. Communists did get it wrong too. But there was still that tiny little part they did manage to get it right and that makes the entire difference. (or that’s how I see it) Smile

You're absolutely wrong about literally all of that. It's okay....it just means that you're a normal human being who can't even begin to imagine how fucked up the weirdos actually are.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 26, 2023 at 7:41 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: . Communists did get it wrong too. But there was still that tiny little part they did manage to get it right and that makes the entire difference. (or that’s how I see it) Smile
Neighbour of dad/grandma was not fond of the CCCP. NKVD paid him a visit. Result: Neighbour dead in the yard of his farm. Noone talked about it, since noone like to end up like neighbour. After the fall of CCCP a mass grave of Lithuanian partisans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_...tic_states) was found near our farm. Of course, during CCCP noone liked to even talk about this.

But at least the Communists got a tiny part right. School was free and people could go to theatre, right? That made the entire difference. Right?

Edit: 250.000 Lithuanians had been deported to Siberia. Total population TODAY: 4mio
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Russian identity depends on where you sit in the pyramid. The view from the top is very different from the bottom rungs. It's a cleptocracy.
(November 26, 2023 at 8:08 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(November 26, 2023 at 7:41 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: . Communists did get it wrong too. But there was still that tiny little part they did manage to get it right and that makes the entire difference. (or that’s how I see it) Smile
Neighbour of dad/grandma was not fond of the CCCP. NKVD paid him a visit. Result: Neighbour dead in the yard of his farm. Noone talked about it, since noone like to end up like neighbour. After the fall of CCCP a mass grave of Lithuanian partisans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_...tic_states) was found near our farm. Of course, during CCCP noone liked to even talk about this.

But at least the Communists got a tiny part right. School was free and people could go to theatre, right? That made the entire difference. Right?

Edit: 250.000 Lithuanians had been deported to Siberia. Total population TODAY: 4mio

I think we are only beginning to learn about the excesses of communism. Many of the things they did are still unknown. Like for instance, they must have far greater casualties in Afghanistan. The actual number is 15,000 dead and 35,000 wounded. US numbers (in 10 years) is 2500 killed 21,000 wounded. So Soviet Generals, Taliban’s with US weapons, 10 year war (1979-1989) maybe that number is two time what they are saying.

Technically: Our society today is very problematic, in many ways, and we’ll have to solve that at some point. That’s all I am saying Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US & Russian participation on the International Space Station. Jehanne 8 1151 December 18, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 307 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 998 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 15600 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Open Letter to Speaker Paul Ryan....... Brian37 8 2348 October 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2580 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Watergate II: The strongest hint of Russian collusion yet DarkerEnergy 3 1391 July 9, 2017 at 7:31 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer Foxaèr 5 1695 May 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts NuclearEnergy 6 1379 April 27, 2017 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Open Letter to Sean Spicer/political demagoguery. Brian37 0 1067 April 12, 2017 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Brian37