Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
In an article in the Evangelical Times he said that he speaks to God, in tongues, when he is alone in his home ... and that God answers him, through the mouths of others, over the following days.

He also said that he suffers from depression ... and takes medication for it. His depression takes the form of an intense hatred of himself that even his love of God can't assuage. Other members of his immediate family also suffer from depression.

He is active in politics as a member of our House of Lords and speaks his mind about a variety of subjects. Some politicians think he's a right pain in the neck with his challenges about the way they run things.
RE: Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
So. Fucking. What?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So Welby is mentally unstable and yet he's in charge of something. Doesn't he have influence in the Parliament?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Any relation to Marcus, famous for his bedside manor and making house calls?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?
I've known this for awhile, apparently many don't.

The Spanish word 'Americano' and US English 'American' are not equivalent. The former refers to a person from one of the American continents and the correct word for someone from the US is 'Estadounidense'.
(November 27, 2023 at 11:45 am)Jackalope Wrote: I've known this for awhile, apparently many don't.

The Spanish word 'Americano' and US English 'American' are not equivalent. The former refers to a person from one of the American continents and the correct word for someone from the US is 'Estadounidense'.

I don't speak Spanish, so I'm just going to call everyone from the US "Malcolm".
Dying to live, living to die.
I wouldn't recognise Justin Welby if he bit me on the leg!
some sort of boss man god botherer I think
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(November 27, 2023 at 3:41 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(November 27, 2023 at 11:45 am)Jackalope Wrote: I've known this for awhile, apparently many don't.  

The Spanish word 'Americano' and US English 'American' are not equivalent.  The former refers to a person from one of the American continents and the correct word for someone from the US is 'Estadounidense'.

I don't speak Spanish, so I'm just going to call everyone from the US "Malcolm".

Holy shit that ended up in the wrong thread LOL.
(November 27, 2023 at 3:41 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

The Spanish word 'Americano' and US English 'American' are not equivalent.  The former refers to a person from one of the American continents and the correct word for someone from the US is 'Estadounidense'.

There's actually literary precedent for that kind of thing. In his travel book 'The Innocents Abroad', Mark Twain called all his guides of various nationalities 'Ferguson'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6166 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Archbishop of Canterbury admits he has doubts about God zebo-the-fat 78 14374 September 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Archbishop of Canterbury: Children should be taught the Lord's Prayer Nine 10 6178 March 31, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris