Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Carlin is "back"
George Carlin is "back"
Quote:More than 15 years after his death, stand-up comedian George Carlin has been brought back to life in an artificial intelligence-generated special called “George Carlin: I’m Glad I’m Dead.”

The hour-long special, which dropped on Tuesday, comes from Dudesy, a comedy AI that hosts a podcast and YouTube show with “Mad TV” alum Will Sasso and podcaster Chad Kultgen.

Of course, many people are upset, but I think it is interesting as a curiosity. Right away "he" rips on god

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: George Carlin is "back"
I miss George
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

He was so great. I remember him all the way back to his Hippie Dippy Weatherman days.

I am not so sure how I feel about him as AI. The real deal really can't be duplicated. He was one of a kind.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It’s fucking ghoulish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm entirely uninterested.

I listened to the first couple of minutes. Not the same.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Not the same. The vocal cadence is all off, and its voice isn't terribly close to the real deal. In comedy, timing is everything.

I listened to about two minutes.

Meh.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Wasn't able to get the actual meme - but-

If you think George Carlin would love AI ripping him off, then you never understood any of his material.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

And so --

Quote:LOS ANGELES (AP) — The estate of George Carlin is suing the media company behind a fake hourlong comedy special that purportedly uses artificial intelligence to recreate the late standup comic’s style and material.

The lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles on Thursday asks that a judge order the podcast outlet Dudesy to immediately take down the audio special, “George Carlin: I’m Glad I’m Dead,” in which a synthesis of Carlin delivers commentary on current events. Carlin died in 2008.

Carlin’s daughter, Kelly Carlin, said in a statement that the work is “a poorly-executed facsimile cobbled together by unscrupulous individuals to capitalize on the extraordinary goodwill my father established with his adoring fanbase.”

The Carlin estate and its executor, Jerold Hamza, are named as plaintiffs in the suit, which alleges violations of Carlin’s right of publicity and copyright. The named defendants are Dudesy and podcast hosts Will Sasso and Chad Kultgen.

https://apnews.com/article/george-carlin...f4789acadd

I hope all these assholes using AI to infringe IP rights get the shit sued out of them.

(January 26, 2024 at 12:57 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: And so --

Quote:LOS ANGELES (AP) — The estate of George Carlin is suing the media company behind a fake hourlong comedy special that purportedly uses artificial intelligence to recreate the late standup comic’s style and material.

The lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles on Thursday asks that a judge order the podcast outlet Dudesy to immediately take down the audio special, “George Carlin: I’m Glad I’m Dead,” in which a synthesis of Carlin delivers commentary on current events. Carlin died in 2008.

Carlin’s daughter, Kelly Carlin, said in a statement that the work is “a poorly-executed facsimile cobbled together by unscrupulous individuals to capitalize on the extraordinary goodwill my father established with his adoring fanbase.”

The Carlin estate and its executor, Jerold Hamza, are named as plaintiffs in the suit, which alleges violations of Carlin’s right of publicity and copyright. The named defendants are Dudesy and podcast hosts Will Sasso and Chad Kultgen.

https://apnews.com/article/george-carlin...f4789acadd

I hope all these assholes using AI to infringe IP rights get the shit sued out of them.

I heard about this on the radio this morning on my weekly journey to the real office.  I am a thousand percent behind this lawsuit being in favor of Carlin's memory.

Buncha jerks looking for a moneygrab.   

grumble grumble

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Clinton is "black" Foxaèr 3 446 January 28, 2024 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Istvan