Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shittiest description of Atheism I have ever seen
Shittiest description of Atheism I have ever seen
Are these people serious?

http://www.typesofreligion.com/atheism
RE: Shittiest description of Atheism I have ever seen
(April 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Shell B Wrote: Are these people serious?

http://www.typesofreligion.com/atheism

[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist
Will you please kiss better the ever-growing bruise on my forehead from all the facepalms and headdesks I've been forced to make from here and Facebook? Please?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'd be happy too, Summer. Wink

I have seen far worse descriptions but yes, like most, they tend to be way off.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(April 18, 2011 at 12:50 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Will you please kiss better the ever-growing bruise on my forehead from all the facepalms and headdesks I've been forced to make from here and Facebook? Please?

You got it, dude. Wink

Has anyone here heard of a baby-naming ceremony practiced by atheists? That one made my mouth flop open.
I had to look that up. Are you fucking kidding me?
Well, most of the sources for it are religious. I mean, I don't care what other atheists do, but don't fucking write about it like we all do it. I wouldn't hold some sort of fucking ceremony for naming a kid.
...I would. But only because I like the excuse for drinking.
It sounds like it was written by someone who does not believe that people are capable of thinking for themselves. I was surprised to learn that Richard Dawkins is the father of my beliefs.
Statler would like this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27102 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anyone here seen the documentary Jesus Camp? NuclearEnergy 27 3607 April 9, 2017 at 7:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5444 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  One of the best videos i've seen in a long time Heat 1 1117 December 22, 2015 at 5:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why Does Atheism Have to be False? crosssaves 66 13893 June 21, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 18081 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12468 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Have you ever had one of those days? dyresand 14 4486 December 25, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Does Atheism have a Generally accepted Symbol (and do we need one?) ManMachine 32 10482 December 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  The dumbest thing i have seen. dyresand 8 2721 October 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: abaris