Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human rights for mother nature?
Human rights for mother nature?
Finaly people have some idea on how to treat our planet. Hopefully the Earth does get some rights so we can stop destroying it.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/18/...her-earth/

Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
RE: Human rights for mother nature?
I met Mother Nature once. I'll kill her should I meet her again. She tried to eat me. Something about 'god eat god world'.

She's a lot like http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Greenscale , but much uglier.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Are you shitting me?
(April 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Are you shitting me?

Me? No.

Him? It's fox news, of course he is Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:United Nations diplomats on Wednesday will set aside pressing issues of international peace and security to devote an entire day debating the rights of “Mother Earth.”

Which they won't do jack shit about either.
(April 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Finaly people have some idea on how to treat our planet. Hopefully the Earth does get some rights so we can stop destroying it.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/18/...her-earth/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7DFuDs4oo4
These 2 idiots are against the Earth getting rights.
I didn't see the "right to die", the "right to modify my own genetic material to survive" nor the "right to cause tremendous upheaval should the planet want to move any tectonic plates around" nor did I see the "right for all volcanoes on the planet to erupt at inconvenient times wiping out entire civilisations". The fact that the "right to have the la Nina and El Nino Southern Oscillation index NOT adhere to any man made computer models" was glaring in it's absence.

Has this "Morales" person even the most fleeting aquaintence with the planet he is living on? Or is this just (as has been postulated) a political granstand for the "greenie meanie vote"?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I don't really care about the politic's or reason's why anyone is even considering it. But I do know if we continue the course we're already on, this planet and all human civilization is doomed to extinction, we may very well already be past the point of no return.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(April 21, 2011 at 4:37 am)JohnDG Wrote: I don't really care about the politic's or reason's why anyone is even considering it. But I do know if we continue the course we're already on, this planet and all human civilization is doomed to extinction, we may very well already be past the point of no return.

Correction 'JohnDG' ... Humans and human civilisation is doomed. Extinction may be a few millenia from now imho but I do not think that the planet is in any danger.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
"Plastic....asshole..."
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day. arewethereyet 7 526 May 9, 2022 at 4:45 am
Last Post: anlogue
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 265 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Happy Mother's Day arewethereyet 10 1064 May 13, 2019 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Happy Mother's Day! chimp3 3 539 May 13, 2018 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Happy Mother's Day Joods 2 302 May 13, 2018 at 10:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 65670 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  It's Not Nice To Fool With Mother Nature Minimalist 5 893 September 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Happy Mother's Day! Joods 27 2226 May 9, 2016 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dear Mother Nature. ignoramus 16 1670 May 7, 2016 at 9:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Happy Mother's Day to the AF.org Mothers!!! SteelCurtain 16 2251 May 10, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: KUSA