Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pale Blue Dot
Pale Blue Dot
Pretty awesome animated version of Sagan's Pale Blue Dot.

Maybe if people reposted things like this on Facebook and other social media sites rather than those stupid "statistical" statuses, we'd have some actual awareness built up.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/04/22/p...ion-video/
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Pale Blue Dot
Really liked that. Carl Sagan is a legend, how I wish i could have met him.
Thanks for post. Smile
Signature pending...
People do sweetheart...the message is being overlayed by "religious ideologies" and stereotypes atm. Sad

Short sweet and to the point...Heart it!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It kills me when I or my other "heathen" friends post things like this - messages meant to inspire peace and tolerance and understanding...and they get NOTHING.

Yet one bitch posts senseless Jesus dribble that is supposed to espouse the same thing, and there's a FLOOD of simpering replies in agreement.

Science=bad
Jesus=good

Fuck.

Yeah... I am still coming to grips with that evidence. Things like "you are stupid" "you don't know what you are talking about" "dumb-ass" are just a few I have heard over 4 decades...go figure. Dunno My personal favourite is "psycho-biatch"

Perhaps people ARE stoopid and deserve the restrictive religious nonsense that pervades their lives...

I did hear of one theory that ....the lazy will move in a group...s...l....o.....ww...l...y.... ...the courageous will move when they are ready...meh Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
*THIS* is the sort of thing that makes me identify so much with Lewis Black, who I often quote on his opinion for why someone would use profanity.

"What words do you use?..."

...when say you're presented with someone who is preaching peace and love and goodwill to your fellow man, and yet the religion they're preaching is a bloody, hateful, ignorant, intolerant mass of power struggles that gives people excuses for why they're allowed kill, abuse, demean and conquer?

"Oh...look at that...pussyfeathers."

I need to leave. If I stay on the computer much longer I'll be face with more bullshit like this:

(status update from Jesus loving facebook friend)
It shocks me how much my flesh hates the Cross- and how complacent I can be foolishly hiding from God behind my suit of fig leaves. Wow I need Jesus.

Here's a tip: you can be a good person and not have to flagellate yourself.

I think people cling to God because it's far more comforting to believe in the vastness of a being that still cares about you than contemplate the cold infinity that is space and our tenuous position in it. And for some reason in their minds this demeans the wonder that is the tiny flaring, ultimately ephemeral spark that is our planet.

A light in the dark is still a light in the dark. Is there any need to put something supernatural behind this flaring gem of a planet, so far the only one we know to have life, to make it more special? Do you have to have a deity to make you recognize that we, the only sapient species we know about, are special and should treat each other with basic human respect, without killing each other for having a different view point or skin color or sexual preference?

Without that religion saying it is the path to peace and understanding, humans are left to be responsible by themselves. They have no excuse of devils for their bad actions, and no parental figure peering down from the clouds to make them perform good ones. It displays a fundamental distrust in each other that they think people can't be moral without a god. It's been my observation that people generally don't realize that not everyone thinks to same way they do. So do you really think people can't be moral, or are you only assuming that because you think YOU can't be moral without one?

Yeah, Lew...I know exactly why people use profanity. By the time I'm Min's age, I expect I'll be able to use that word "fuck" with such a nuance you'll get entire paragraphs out of it, if not books.
It is so disheartening...that in this day and age that one comes across persons that find the whole 'cosmos' so daunting and scary that they will retreat to their pathetic 'stone age' belief systems just to 'Feel safe'. They are sooo afraid to 'grow-up' they spend the rest of their lives trying to 'crawl back into the womb'

It is bullshit!! ALL the religions of the planet (and history) were supposedly to prime humanity for the realisation of the vastness of the cosmos..aka our own tiny little galaxy...(and they have failed?)
and the insignifigance of human kind... go figure.
Lets all sit in drum circles singing kumbayah and pretending that love, peace & hapiness will make it all better.

I know this is hard for your binary mind to understand, but people can disagree with each other and still live fairly peacefully without having to act like dirty hippies.
Well I posted the vid on my fb page. I'm sure I may get one like if I'm lucky. Most people today are celebrating the glory of our lord....FUCK. I'm going to my mothers today and I'll get to hear the Jesus drivel from my crazed nephew. Can't wait.
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blue-Ray Complidudaaldo 19 1389 July 23, 2016 at 7:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Pale blue dot and Frozen pocaracas 0 601 January 25, 2015 at 7:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Carl Sagan: Pale blue dot Creed of Heresy 4 1185 August 1, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Priests Rape Boys Dot Com Justtristo 0 1804 September 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Apparently, Jesus Has Blue Eyes Lethe 22 8246 November 23, 2010 at 9:47 am