Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darwin Exhibition & March for Secular Europe
Darwin Exhibition & March for Secular Europe
On 14th Feb (Valentines Day) there is a march for a secular Europe, starting at 14:00 at the Natural History Museum in London. As it happens, the Darwin exhibition is also there, and it starts at 10am.

I am planning to take my student group to the Darwin exhibition and then march in the protest (which is aimed at the Vatican's medieval views on homosexuality and women). The march finishes outside the Italian embassy, and from there we will go to Conway Hall in order to attend a London Atheists Meetup (which usually follows with drinks in a pub).

So you could really say it is the ultimate secular day out, and if you want to come to some of it or meet up and join us at the museum, I would be glad to organise it.

Big Grin
RE: Darwin Exhibition & March for Secular Europe
(February 5, 2009 at 9:42 am)Tiberius Wrote: On 14th Feb (Valentines Day) there is a march for a secular Europe, starting at 14:00 at the Natural History Museum in London. As it happens, the Darwin exhibition is also there, and it starts at 10am.

I am planning to take my student group to the Darwin exhibition and then march in the protest (which is aimed at the Vatican's medieval views on homosexuality and women). The march finishes outside the Italian embassy, and from there we will go to Conway Hall in order to attend a London Atheists Meetup (which usually follows with drinks in a pub).

So you could really say it is the ultimate secular day out, and if you want to come to some of it or meet up and join us at the museum, I would be glad to organise it.

Big Grin

I have Virgin coming round on the 14th to sort out my broadband & cable telly...usual stay in all morning wait...or I would have popped along...
Why the hell did they choose Valentine's Day?

I'll be taking my wife out to dinner I'm afraid.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I know, it is rather silly. I guess they figured atheists don't have social lives...or partners...