Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China world economic core in 2016.
China world economic core in 2016.
"According to the IMF forecast, which was quietly posted on the Fund’s website just two weeks ago, whoever is elected U.S. president next year — Obama? Mitt Romney? Donald Trump? — will be the last to preside over the world’s largest economy."

"Under PPP, the Chinese economy will expand from $11.2 trillion this year to $19 trillion in 2016. Meanwhile the size of the U.S. economy will rise from $15.2 trillion to $18.8 trillion. That would take America’s share of the world output down to 17.7%, the lowest in modern times. China’s would reach 18%, and rising.

Just 10 years ago, the U.S. economy was three times the size of China’s."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/imf-bom...atest_news

Looks like I should learn Mandarin....
RE: China world economic core in 2016.
Embargo China!
Sure, that way the Fed can buy all your debt!

I wonder what you Americans are going do when you're no longer able to trade paper for real wealth?
America's time in economic and military power is slowly running out. Not long now, soon the U.S will lose it's place as top dog. China will become the worlds most powerful. America will become second. I believe that right at this moment, we are living at a point in time that is America's peak in power, and that soon we are about to witness America's decline from it. Just as Britain reached it's peak in 1922 and soon started to fall from there.
We had our fall, now it's your turn. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
America's peak was decades ago.
The point to note is peak of British power as measured by territoriak extent and colonial influence was not reached until long after the size of it's economic output had been overtaken first by the US, and then by Germany.

The Zenith of American power as measured by the fraction of the world's economy it owned was probably 1950. The zenith of American power as measured by prestige and influence over other large powers was probably 1990-2000.
Even more so for the US I assume, seeing as one of the biggest causes of the collapse of your currency is the debt which is largely caused by your military spending - You should be able to throw your weight around like a bunch of petty thugs for a while longer.
(April 27, 2011 at 10:41 am)theVOID Wrote: America's peak was decades ago.

I hadn't noticed any recent decline in U.S pow....er.....hold on.....all the US soldiers are disappearing.
Humpf....never mind. Big Grin

I thought it had only just reached it's peak? Could you show me like a graph so to have an idea where it started to decline. I may be off with my info just a tad.
Quote:The point to note is peak of British power and global influence was not reached until long after the size of it's economic output had been overtaken first by the US, and then by Germany.
The British Empire sharply fell during 1922-23. It was actually rising before those dates. The recession dealt a lot of damage.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
America moving the bulk of it's manufacturing to China hasn't helped much either.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 27, 2011 at 10:46 am)theVOID Wrote: Even more so for the US I assume, seeing as one of the biggest causes of the collapse of your currency is the debt which is largely caused by your military spending - You should be able to throw your weight around like a bunch of petty thugs for a while longer.

The only real cause is ideological unwillingness to earn, whether by taxation, or by personal saving, to match expenditure at a time when the economy could have sustained the taxation and personal income should have permitted requisite saving.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China and Ukraine Interaktive 43 2711 October 11, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2245 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1208 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1029 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  It's obvious the MSM Media hasn't learned it's lesson from 2016 GODZILLA 11 869 June 21, 2019 at 9:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What's the Truth about China? Rhondazvous 29 2308 June 10, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 438 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 503 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 4526 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  China officially mocks Trump. Jehanne 10 1061 January 2, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: possibletarian