Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:20 pm

Poll: Wimble...
This poll is closed.
I agree with your sentiment.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Poor Sae.
40.00%
2 40.00%
Girl, you are so bored.
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You smart people care to examine this for me?
You smart people care to examine this for me?
As you an see, I have the woeful task of having accepted a theist's challenge of 'No evidence for evolution'. That's fine though, since i need to get my arguments right anyhow Smile So anyone care to tell me how many logical fallacies I made here, vital omissions that need to be fixed, bits of extraneous fluff that you personally don't like and I'll shoot you for asking me to remove them? Anyway, it's below.

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: You smart people care to examine this for me?
The only mistake you made....and its a big one...is that it violates Min's Law. *

* There is no point in attempting rational discussion with a shithead who is not going to listen anyway.
So true... but now I have to do it to save face with the local population (including family I have to live with). Why oh why did I have to make that intelligent falling joke? Sleepy
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA202.html

Quote:Nothing in the real world can be proved with absolute certainty. However, high degrees of certainty can be reached. In the case of evolution, we have huge amounts of data from diverse fields. Extensive evidence exists in all of the following different forms (Theobald 2004). Each new piece of evidence tests the rest.
I'm still waiting to send it off until someone nitpicks it and fixes some dramatic mistake in there. I have not the faith that it truly has no mistakes (though maybe no hugely glaring ones?) Tongue
Is the highlighted line near the end the one you are trying to refute?
(April 27, 2011 at 5:30 pm)Chuck Wrote: Is the highlighted line near the end the one you are trying to refute?

No... I'm only trying to get a good definition for what I am providing evidence for before I do Smile I was challenged to provide evidence for evolution, and I think that the first step to providing evidence of a thing is first to know what that thing is.

Hence if there is something wrong with the definition I provided, I'd like to work that out before I send it off as a precursor to swamping someone with evidence Smile I was challenged that there isn't a single scrap of evidence for evolution, after all...
It's hard to argue for evolution before a christian shithead, because he could always point to himself as conclusive evidence that no evolution whatsoever has occurred in his lineage since his ancesters were placed on earth as chimps.
(April 27, 2011 at 5:43 pm)Chuck Wrote: It's hard to argue for evolution before a christian shithead, because he could always point to himself as conclusive evidence that no evolution whatsoever has occurred in his lineage since his ancesters were placed on earth as chimps.

And that is why my second portion of the email will be about evidence itself (which I don't exactly need help with). At the least, I am sure the old guy will need a dictionary of philosophy to even come close to understanding all of those big words like 'intersubjectivity' ^_^ And so I get to define those too.

Maybe I'll just send it all in one email, so as to have the ball in his park with all the important stuff in place and examples of the 'scientific evidence' to tide over his initial question ^_^

When is theVOID going to come in and crush my OP? *looks at the clock on the wall as it ticks and tocks the seconds away*
Any organism consist of a group of traits which are passed wholly or in part on to its offsprings, and another group which would not pass onto the offspring at all. Example of former may include your (natural) hair color or your susceptibility to schizophrenia. Example of latter might include the muscles you build up through exercise. Let's call those which can be passed on "heritable".

Take a suitable group of organisms. Evolution in that group is the changes in the collection of all heritable traits in that population over generations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PTSD/Smart Phone App review brewer 1 788 March 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Catholics and Health Care brewer 2 593 September 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Opinions on smart drugs - immoral/unfair? salamenfuckyou 52 14632 May 15, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: SelfTheist