Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Implemented] - Editing Box
Lightbulb 
[Implemented] - Editing Box
Just curious why the editing box (where we all compose our replies) is so small. There's a big empty field of blue around the right and bottom of this box ... why not have a larger box for editing??

Sure, it's no big deal if you're making original and/or short posts, but often we are all responding to wordy posts and I for one think it would be a lot more convenient to have a larger composition box. Lets face it ... less scrolling is always good - especially when there appears to be plenty of room for one.

That's just me. I guess this would go under the Feedback label of this thread.

Thumb up Overall though, great site ... keep up the good work. Clap
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Editing Box
good question
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I usually compose replies in a Notepad or (because I use chrome) drag the lower right hand tab on the textarea box down until I've enough space.
I do my replies in wordpress and then post them in the quick reply. Then again, Im pretty good with board code. Rarely do I use full edit.

I have the smileys page in my favorites and I keep it open while I browse the forum so I can pop a quick smiley here and there
Cool
I'm liking the new bigger box expansion to the right. Thumb up Wouldn't mind it taller too, but hey ... very cool, and thank you.

Nice!
[Image: Evolution.png]

Fixed. The editing box is now the full width of the area, and has added height.

In browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome, users can resize the textbox by dragging the bottom right corner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question, shout out box and how to use it? Quill01 4 1095 August 21, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Missing Quick Reply Box Excited Penguin 25 3955 November 22, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Overview box Darwinian 2 1003 May 26, 2015 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Smilies box - yuck KevinM1 1 1064 May 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spoiler box = Image FlowingFlame 5 1642 August 20, 2014 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Quick reply box Faith No More 4 2515 May 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Matt231
  And I see there is no shout box?? KichigaiNeko 6 2675 March 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Handprint
  Overview box Darwinian 3 2232 March 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Editing function. tackattack 5 2370 November 8, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: tackattack
  The last third of the reply text box is cut off Fred 6 2507 September 7, 2011 at 3:10 am
Last Post: fr0d0