Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you ever believe?
Did you ever believe?
i went to church and sunday school as a kid but don't know for sure if i ever believed or if I was just along for the ride. i have probably always been an atheist i just never knew it. what about you guys?
RE: Did you ever believe?

I was ... not a very good one. But yep.
[Image: Evolution.png]

This is a tough one for me. I was raised half-assed Christian. I did participate in some church events when I was young. I did believe, but at the same time I didn't. I attribute any early belief to being an impressionable child, which didn't last long. That's the best answer I can give.
Never. I was skeptical of Santa and God in the first grade. I was kicked out of Sunday School for asking hard questions at age seven.
No. I never believed. I did experiment with praying a couple of times, but it was mostly when I was drunk. Tongue Oh, and it never worked.
(May 10, 2011 at 1:59 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Never. I was skeptical of Santa and God in the first grade. I was kicked out of Sunday School for asking hard questions at age seven.

Kicked out? That's quite the achievement. Big Grin
I figured out that catholics were scumbags by age 11.
(May 10, 2011 at 2:01 am)Shell B Wrote: No. I never believed. I did experiment with praying a couple of times, but it was mostly when I was drunk. Tongue Oh, and it never worked.

I was recently told that god did answer my prayers ... the answer was no.

"hey thanx god ... you dick!"
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 10, 2011 at 2:28 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: I was recently told that god did answer my prayers ... the answer was no.

"hey thanx god ... you dick!"

Haha, typical answer.

(May 10, 2011 at 1:48 am)mamamia88 Wrote: i went to church and sunday school as a kid but don't know for sure if i ever believed or if I was just along for the ride. i have probably always been an atheist i just never knew it. what about you guys?

I never did. I'm from a half religious family. Grew up on the non religious side. I had a bit of contact with the Christian beliefs, but it was never enforced. I think this is important. There was plenty of input from the environment and the media that said religion really didn't need to be true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4127 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 448050 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2248 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 7830 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 12885 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 3907 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 4958 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Argument from "You did it wrong" zipperpull 13 1934 May 23, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6364 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Do You Ever Miss God? Rhondazvous 75 20339 May 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr