Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Was Muhammad a Pedophile?
Was Muhammad a Pedophile?
Aisha Wrote:The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. [Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234]

A lot of you already heard this before - that Muhammad was a pedophile just because he married a nine-year-old girl based on the above hadith/narration.

So, I made an outline with 5 reasons on what is wrong with such an interpretation, or why this is not true:

1. The first thing to remember is that the quote above was narrated by Aisha herself. If she was saying to mean that she was a victim of child abuse (or rape, or pedophilia, or whatever you want to call it), then she would've expressed a feeling of dissatisfaction or even hatred towards Muhammad. However, that is not the case. She clearly and respectfully said that "Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon" as opposed to something like "A pedophile came to me in the forenoon." So based on this, one cannot justify the assertion that she was unhappy about the marriage.

2. Her marriage to the prophet was an open marriage. It was approved by her parents and relatives, and she said that her mother, Um Ruman, called her and entrusted her to a few Ansari women who then prepared her for the marriage. Then she said that the messenger of Allah came to her and she was handed over to him by her own mother. Even Aisha's father, Abu Bakr, was pleased with the marriage. He became one of Muhammad's closest and most trustworthy companions. This means that the whole process was happening within the cultural standards of that time since she was being prepared for the marriage (by her parents and others). None of these events which are mentioned in the narration indicate that this was a case of rape or child abuse.

3. In Islam, a female is considered a lady and is fit for marriage when she under-goes puberty. Therefore, it is more likely that Muhammad married Aisha after her puberty, not before. And we know that this happens to girls around the ages of 8 to 14. After puberty, a Muslim female is considered to be a woman. Therefore, that is the age of consent for marriage in Islam although Muslims can marry any time they want to (except not before a girl's puberty). However, the point which is relevant to the topic is that early marriage does not necessarily indicate pedophilia. Early marriages frequently occur in many other societies, and I'm not saying that this a good thing, but just that it is a practice that is culturally and socially sanctioned according to certain traditional sets of values.

See this article: http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/digest7e.pdf

4. In the years after the marriage, Aisha did not show any signs of physical or mental problems while living with Muhammad nor become depressed about her life (unlike many of the victims of rape and child abuse). In fact, she became a role model for many Muslim women during that time. She was known to be a respectful woman and also knowledgeable in regard to Islamic issues and she lived a happy life with her husband Muhammad. So, that's why it's not reasonable to think that Aisha would be telling us that she was raped by her husband as a child after learning about all the positive qualities that she had and especially how much they loved each other.

5. Definition of Pedophilia:

Pedophilia: A psychosexual disorder in which an adult's arousal and sexual gratification occur primarily through sexual contact with prepubescent children. The typical pedophile is unable to find satisfaction in an adult sexual relationship and may have low self-esteem, seeing sexual activity with a child as less threatening than that with an adult (Encyclopedia Britannica, 1998).

However, that cannot be justified for Muhammad since he had 10 other wives who were all 17 years or older. Furthermore, all his brides were elderly widows except Aisha and Maria (most likely to support them since they were widows). An unbiased examination of his life and his marriages to his wives clearly contradicts the notion of his lifestyle fitting that of a pedophile.

More info on Muhammad's wives: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad%27s_wives

Now, is this really an important question (i.e. whether or not he's a pedophile)? Not that much, since what is more relevant is whether or not he was a "prophet" of Allah. But I wanted to get this out of the way first since it's an easier topic and to clear out a misconception as well. Thanks for reading.
RE: Was Muhammad a Pedophile?
You listed those reason to avoid the real one - You are morally and intellectually intimidated and dare not allow unflattery to be spoken about Muhammud, peace be upon his wickedness.
(May 24, 2011 at 3:40 pm)Rayaan Wrote: In the years after the marriage, Aisha did not show any signs of physical or mental problems while living with Muhammad nor become depressed about her life (unlike many of the victims of rape and child abuse).

How many kids did she give birth to ?
Okay, so according to your outline:

1: Just because she didn't express "a feeling of dissatisfaction or even hatred towards Muhammad" then it was okay that he married a child?? I have a 6 year old, if I rammed it into her head from birth that it was perfectly okay and normal to marry and man at 9 years old, and that was reinforced by all those around her, she'd think it was just fine too. That doesn't make it right. At. All.

2: Just because it was approved by her parents doesn't make it right. That just means she had shitbag parents to start with.

3: So just because it was "culturally" okay, makes it okay for everyone? I don't think so. There are plenty of things that are okay in other cultures, but we would never allow them . I don't think that being "culturally" okay is a valid point.

4:See point 1 of my post. They mentally fucked her up from that beginning. Anything after that becomes moot, in my opinion. Also, see "Stockholm syndrome". In essence, her was her captor, because it's not like she had much choice in the matter.

Really, even if you don't put the label "pedophile" on him, he was still a guy who married a little girl, and that's fucked up. End of story.

There is no redeemable quality in that. Ever.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(May 24, 2011 at 3:47 pm)Darinda Wrote: How many kids did she give birth to?

No kids from her, but Muhammad had a total of 7 children: 3 sons and 4 daughters. His 3 sons were Qasim, Abdullah, and Ibrahim. His daughters were Zainab, Ruqayyah, Umm Kulthum, and Fatima. All of his children were from his first wife Khadija except Ibrahim (who was from Maria). He outlived all of his children except Fatima who lived 6 months longer than him.
I'll make this easier... you're a pedophile if you find the 'innocent' look appealing. After that, tis a matter of degrees. Rarely find the look appealing? Weak pedophilia. Often find the look appealing? Strong pedophilia.

A normal person with any sort of libido is probably weakly pedophiliac. Yes, Muhammad was a pedophile. No, that isn't a bad thing to be. My question is to the degree of pedophilia. How many of his marriages was to an 'innocent' person?

And no, it is not a disorder to find something attractive. What is disorderly, is attempting to control a natural response with a social value... which crime's existence all too well should reveal the folly of.

And I just love how convoluted that definition of pedophilia is. Wow, you also have to be unsatisfied to find something else attractive? And of course the person may have low self esteem... related: Hardly. Why bring it up? And sex is threatening now? As in scary? This is truly fascinating... who wrote that garbage anyway? Oh... E. Britanica... no wonder it's absolute garbage.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah, sorry Rayaan but that is just apologetic bullshit.

Not that I think he was real but in the story how old was "Muhammad" supposed to have been when he started fucking a nine year old?

I think it's funny when you see Christians bashing Mohammed as a pedophile because he married a 9-year-old girl, when Joseph was in his 40's and Mary was supposed to be about 13 or 14.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
As soon as you produce evidence that Muhammad actually existed outside of the fictional realm, I would say:

"who gives a shit"

Honestly...Islam is boring as hell
The story is fiction --- but it's still repulsive.

One such as yourself has to ask yourself this.
If someone tomorrow came and told you he was the prophet of god, would you give him your nine year old little girl to marry and have sex with???

You are defending pedophilia pal.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One clear, precise prophecy of Muhammad.. among many R00tKiT 178 21198 July 13, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Muhammad the perv Fake Messiah 21 3976 June 3, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Erase your sins Muhammad's way yragnitup 18 4340 May 19, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1186 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Is muhammad a white dude? Ruckus123 9 3075 April 12, 2018 at 6:41 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Draw Muhammad (fbuh) Day - come at me bro Nihilist Virus 1 1047 March 6, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I Drew Muhammad Publicly, international blasphamey day ScienceAf 37 6945 October 26, 2016 at 4:57 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  The Sufi Muhammad Ali was the greatest man ever according to al-Saud's henchmen? ReptilianPeon 4 1580 June 26, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Darwins Disciple
  We need to talk about Muhammad mralstoner 28 3442 June 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  The Basics of Islam 3: Robert Spencer on Wasn't Muhammad Peaceful? mralstoner 3 1521 May 30, 2016 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd