Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] - Breadcrumbs
[Solved] - Breadcrumbs
Ok, so I've noticed this for a little while now. When I click on a direct link to a post, either from the overview box or directly on the forum I get something like this.

[Image: without.jpg]

However, if I get to a post by going through into the forum and then clicking on it's link I get this..

[Image: with.jpg]

Any reason for it?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Breadcrumbs
Thats about typical for breadcrumbs. In this situation, the breadcrumbs must have been coded to follow your history or cookies during your browsing session. I cannot really know unless I view the coding myself.

I must also ask how much security do you have set on your history/cookies options in your browser, and what browser are you using?

Also, just because the breadcrumbs doesnt pop up on a specific email link to the site, does not mean they are not working properly. Breadcrumbs are there to let you know where you came from to where you are. If you came from your email program, then these particular breadcrumbs may be coded to ignore the trail.
(May 29, 2011 at 4:53 am)Darwinian Wrote: Ok, so I've noticed this for a little while now. When I click on a direct link to a post, either from the overview box or directly on the forum I get something like this.

I was noticing the same thing but hadn't thought anything of it.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I can't reproduce this...
Seriously, not even if I log in as Darwinian and click through to threads from the overview box...

I always get the breadcrumbs, and they should always appear...
As I was reading this, I scrolled back up to see if they were there now:

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I think its possibly your browser and its settings.

I dont know..I dont use email notifications for this forum, nor will I turn mine on just to try it out..I dont want my inbox flooded for the next week just for turning "email notify" just for a few minutes. So I cannot know if it does the same in my browser or not.
I don't use email notifications either. It's simply that sometimes you see the breadcrumbs/history of the post and sometimes you don't Undecided

I think you see the breadcrumbs if you click on a link to the thread but not if you click a link to a post.
Can you give me an example (i.e. a walkthrough) of how you get the missing breadcrumbs.

I've tried everything you've said so far. I've clicked on the Overview box links, I've come from the home page, and I've traversed forums/sub-forums to get to threads. Every time I get the same result...the breadcrumbs are there.

I just came through from the search results, and they are still there.

If this thing isn't reproducible, I'm going to have to conclude that it's a browser problem. It's odd that multiple people have reported it, but I can't really do anything else when it works perfectly for me...

Also, which browser are you using?
It only seems to be a problem with Chrome.

Go to a post by clicking on the thread link

http://atheistforums.org/thread-7132.html

and it's there, go to a post by clicking on the post itself

http://atheistforums.org/thread-7132-pos...#pid141885

and it isn't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] Kudos showing as Magnifying Glass? Spooky 15 2634 April 7, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Solved] - Theme bug Autumnlicious 2 1572 May 16, 2011 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  [Solved] - mark forum read tackattack 2 2224 May 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  [Solved] - Additional info section prayforme 4 2675 May 9, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: tackattack