Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue?
Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue?
And when I say no clue, I mean no fucking clue.

Let me give you a few examples from a debate (if you could actually call it that) I had tonight.

Here are some quotes from one Christian:

Quote:god created 2 sets of humans, first were the partial humanoids, that were both male and female

what i am saying is there was monkey men, then adam and eve

the blood from the shroud of turin is AB negative

Adam was the first angel hybrid

wasn't there somewhere in the bible that God told Adam to take a look at the animals for a mate and he like said no way, so Eve was created

Animals must have been more evolved by that time, to mate with Adam

By the way, Every single line was a single post by that specific Christian. She was just so confused by a simple discussion on Macro-evolution and abiogenesis that she just went off on a random tangent that confused everyone else. It got to the point that even other creationists were ignoring her posts.

Here's a quote from another Christian in that debate:

Quote:Did any of Lenski's E coli bacteria evolve into a different species, say - a fruit fly?

This one had enormous trouble understanding that the history of evolution from a single organism to humanity took a very long time. Not just 20 years.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Dean
RE: Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue?
I saw that, but didn't bother to say anything. The Saint was in there, so you know it is just going to turn to crap.

I think I have to move your thread. The title really has nothing to do with science.
Um..it happens around here all the time.

(June 3, 2011 at 2:17 am)Minimalist Wrote: Um..it happens around here all the time.

It certainly does. In fact, I spent the better part of an hour doing that today. Shit, it was probably more than that, but I am in denial.

Oh, Dean, that first post you copied isn't from a Creationist. I don't know what the fuck she is, but a Creationist she is not. She is some weird conglomerate of wanna be Native American, tarot card "reader," and prophet. In defense of Christians, she is crazier than they are.
In fact, most of the the fairy tale crowd we have around here falls into that category. With the exception of Tacky the more rational theists don't seem to take the enjoyment out of this stuff that the real nutbug fundies do.

I had one jackass on another board tell me that because there was no evidence for the exodus that was proof that it happened.

I mean.....if you want to talk about fucking stupid, start with that.
Wow, that isn't even circular. I don't know what to call that.
(June 3, 2011 at 2:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: In fact, most of the the fairy tale crowd we have around here falls into that category. With the exception of Tacky the more rational theists don't seem to take the enjoyment out of this stuff that the real nutbug fundies do.

I had one jackass on another board tell me that because there was no evidence for the exodus that was proof that it happened.

I mean.....if you want to talk about fucking stupid, start with that.

I have two different categories of enjoyment. More than the other, I enjoy a good debate between people who can actually think for themselves. But I also enjoy reading what some crazy fucking fundamentalist nut job has to say. That one is more of the enjoyment I get listening to a comedian.
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Dean
I appreciate the compliment min, but I still don't see where you guys meet all theese crazy people.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 3, 2011 at 2:28 am)Shell B Wrote: Wow, that isn't even circular. I don't know what to call that.

I used the phrase "fucked up." This is true, btw. He wrote a paper on it which I howled at....much as Dean suggests this stuff can be riotously funny....but he sent it to three biblical scholars. One of them was James Hoffmeier. He did not reply nor did one of the others. The third guy tried to sell him a book!

(June 3, 2011 at 2:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: I had one jackass on another board tell me that because there was no evidence for the exodus that was proof that it happened.

[Image: 57746_o.gif]
[Image: animated-facepalm-thumb-512x512.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLgekyOZA0
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 404 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1387 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2026 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Debate solely through the medium of memes Jacob(smooth) 6601 768466 April 13, 2020 at 4:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1054 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1642 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
  have you tried Sweet Jesus? Graufreud 11 459 August 7, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1335 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4741 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil? ErGingerbreadMandude 67 6737 December 13, 2017 at 11:11 am