Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill in the name of Atheism!
Kill in the name of Atheism!
Here is another fine example of religious stupidity:

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/337-a...of-history

A fucking idiot Wrote:The crimes of atheism have generally been perpetrated through a hubristic ideology that sees man, not God, as the creator of values. Using the latest techniques of science and technology, man seeks to displace God and create a secular utopia here on earth. Of course if some people - the Jews, the landowners, the unfit, or the handicapped - have to be eliminated in order to achieve this utopia, this is a price the atheist tyrants and their apologists have shown themselves quite willing to pay. Thus they confirm the truth of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's dictum, "If God is not, everything is permitted."

Whatever the motives for atheist bloodthirstiness, the indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

Wow. Just wow.
RE: Kill in the name of Atheism!
As far as I know, no " atrocity " has been perpetrated under the banner of atheism.
When it comes to killing on a large scale, it is always about money , power and influence.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(June 6, 2011 at 3:02 pm)bozo Wrote: As far as I know, no " atrocity " has been perpetrated under the banner of atheism.
When it comes to killing on a large scale, it is always about money , power and influence.

I've never heard anyone flying themselves into buildings in the name of atheism.
I've never heard anyone gassing millions of people in gas chambers in the name of atheism.
I've never heard anyone going on a 'crusade' in the name of atheism.
I've never heard anyone stoning someone to death in the name of atheism.
I've never heard anyone burn 100,000 witches in the name of atheism.
I've never heard anyone go on a protest to returning war heroes in the name of atheism.
I've NEVER EVER EVER EVER heard anyone KILL in the name of fucking atheism.
[Image: atheists.jpg]

(June 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote:

I automatically give kudos whenever I see an atheist experience video. They are beyond awesome.
Exactly!

I demand an example of any genocide committed in the name of Atheism. But I know we are not going to get it.

This is because the moron of reference is really trying to say that any crimes committed in the name of any Religion other than his, should not count. Since those other religions are not real, they should be counted as Atheism.

Like the Church Lady used to say: "How conveeeenient!"

“Millions of New Yorkers are good with God. Are you good with God?"
Poster Ad in the Staten Island Ferry terminal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And if you are, are you also good with the Tooth Fairy? How about the Easter Bunny?"
My proposed addendum
"atheist bloodthirstiness"

Really? First time I've ever seen those two words in the same sentence. Sheesh.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
This is called viewing the world through biased eyes. But what would you expect from a guy who wrote a book called this-
Quote:Dinesh D'Souza is the Rishwain Fellow at the Hoover Institution. His new book, "The Enemy at Home: The Cultural Left and Its Responsibility for 9/11," will be published in January.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm bloodthirsty...

But I don't see why I would kill in the 'name' of anything. I will kill when I wish to kill... why would I waste my time crediting the kill to something else? Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 3296 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3268 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2865 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27102 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why and How Did you Kill God? ScienceAf 67 11280 August 28, 2016 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Does Jesus Mythicism give atheism a bad name? Jehanne 44 6768 May 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  taking the lord's name in vain drfuzzy 55 7708 February 14, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is the name for modern atheists? bambi_swag 63 12459 October 4, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  What's your atheist stripper name? Spooky 31 6565 March 15, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Soviet Union wars in the name of Atheism? IanHulett 28 9143 February 1, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37