Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Atheist's Way
The Atheist's Way
Hello, everybody:

If any of you would like to discuss my new book, THE ATHEIST'S WAY: LIVING WELL WITHOUT GODS, I'd love to join in that discussion. (Take a peek at Amazon to see what's being said about it).

Best,

Eric Maisel
RE: The Atheist's Way
I must admit it seems that you only regestered here to advertise your book, if this was to stay your only post (or if you only posted here talking about your book) I am not likely to think very highly of you. But, the book may be interesting, we will see.

I'm just really not a fan of people doing that. However the book should speak for itself, perhaps we can put it up for vote in the next book club selection.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
you can read the first chapter for free at http://www.theatheistsway.com. that's not a bad deal, is it?

eric
Hey Eric,

I think your publicist is trying to set up an interview for my blog (http://atheistblogger.com/2009/02/19/the...ic-maisel/). Your book sounds like a great new way to approach atheism in the public eye. I look forward to reading it (your publicist is sending me a copy).
Was at borders today and saw it in the bookstore so I picked up a copy. Looks interesting, but I have to finish Vic Stenger's book first!
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I'll definately check the book out, I think the approach your taking is rather interesting. I'm just not a big fan of people who regester on public forums solely for the free advertising they get by making a single post. Nothing inherently wrong with it I just think it gives the wrong impression.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(February 21, 2009 at 3:53 am)Demonaura Wrote: I'll definately check the book out, I think the approach your taking is rather interesting. I'm just not a big fan of people who regester on public forums solely for the free advertising they get by making a single post. Nothing inherently wrong with it I just think it gives the wrong impression.
I think in the case where there is something we could actually use, not many people would mind. Also note that he said he would like to "join in" on a discussion of the book, so I hope he comes back o talk to us about it.
Having a discussion about a book with the author would be excellent. Not very often you get to do that. I read part of the intro, and while I have a couple minor objections, it seems interesting. Big Grin
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
And yet I've been chastised for using the phrase "atheist doctrine." Well, excuse me. Allow me to correct my poor word-choice: Atheist Way.

Having said that I would like to read the book. Is it on Kindle?

Whoops: Just went to Amazon, it is available on Kindle. However, unfortunately, I won't be reading it. The table of contents simply suggests to me that it is too religious. I don't want religion anymore. I don't want atheism as a religion anymore than I want Christianity. I don't need a replacement for not having church in my life.

I understand that some folks need a religious community. I don't.

One of the things that has always pissed me off about some atheists is that they are no less religious than the fundies. In the immortal words of Tool: "Why can we not be sober?"
(March 20, 2009 at 4:24 pm)Edward Wrote: And yet I've been chastised for using the phrase "atheist doctrine." Well, excuse me. Allow me to correct my poor word-choice: Atheist Way.

The fact he calls his book that, doesn't mean we agree or disagree with the premise.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5379 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 962 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2649 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 959 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3581 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The only way I could believe ....... Brian37 16 3382 April 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 13938 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Responding to "Homosexuality is wrong, the same way incest is wrong" JewishAthiest 106 24995 February 9, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Gods? No way TheoneandonlytrueGod 15 4325 December 4, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  A quick way to disprove an aggressive christian TunaDragon28 12 3250 November 28, 2015 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer