Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians
Christians
Being a brit, all this stuff seems a bit weird, so I thought I'd browse a Christianity site. OMFG, they can't agree on anything. Seeing threads like 'how has god helped you' made me cringe. People saying things happen because god decides it, quickly followed by another Christian saying I don't believe god interferes etc. I take it many of you have seen this turd, but I think a nice link to insanity is fit here.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7565902/
RE: Christians
I thought we already were the link to insanity... Undecided

I must try harder if that is not the case Undecided
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah up here in Scotland you don't get as many mad Christians but the level of religion even here is too much for me.

Thats why I am trying to get collective worship out of our schools.
Cunt
I can't take it in the US. I have told myself that when I get older, I am going to make a difference. I am going to get us one step closer to killing religion. I tell myself this whenever I have to go to church with my pious father. ATHEISTS...WILL...WIN!!!!!!!!!
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(June 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Being a brit, all this stuff seems a bit weird, so I thought I'd browse a Christianity site. OMFG, they can't agree on anything. Seeing threads like 'how has god helped you' made me cringe. People saying things happen because god decides it, quickly followed by another Christian saying I don't believe god interferes etc. I take it many of you have seen this turd, but I think a nice link to insanity is fit here.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7565902/

Maybe I am missing the point here, but who cares if Christians disagree on things? Atheists disagree all the time on things.

(June 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: I can't take it in the US. I have told myself that when I get older, I am going to make a difference. I am going to get us one step closer to killing religion. I tell myself this whenever I have to go to church with my pious father. ATHEISTS...WILL...WIN!!!!!!!!!

Atheists will win what?

Please remember..do not feed the trolls and they will go away
(June 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(June 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Being a brit, all this stuff seems a bit weird, so I thought I'd browse a Christianity site. OMFG, they can't agree on anything. Seeing threads like 'how has god helped you' made me cringe. People saying things happen because god decides it, quickly followed by another Christian saying I don't believe god interferes etc. I take it many of you have seen this turd, but I think a nice link to insanity is fit here. http://www.christianforums.com/t7565902/

Maybe I am missing the point here, but who cares if Christians disagree on things? Atheists disagree all the time on things.

Not to our beliefs on deity, or it's power, or our interpretation of atheism, it's quite simple. Christians on the other hand squabble over many, many things, like whether the bible is word for work or a metaphoric orgy. Us atheist know it's a plagiarised load of nonsense.
Atheists have better things to argue about than ancient superstitions.
(June 8, 2011 at 1:15 am)5thHorseman Wrote:

I really don't see it that way. Atheists disagree on a whole slew of matters including is it possible God exists, are morals relative?, how life began on earth, the purpose of life, did Jesus ever exist?, the power/limitations of science, among many others. Just look at my "13 Questions" thread there are all sorts of different answers given to those questions by atheists, but the theists’ answers are all for the most part very similar. I think the only thing atheists really can agree on is that God or gods do not exist. Christians may disagree on doctrinal issues but there is far more they agree on than they disagree on. I will give you one thing though, there’s a very popular movement amongst Christians today to not study apologetics and theology. I think this is very sad, and it does lead to a lot of disagreement on issues just because people have never really studied what scripture actually says on that issue. I am just wondering what you think the fact Christians disagree on things even means though? Why should it matter?
Our arguments are generally intelligent, thought provoking, and not based on a book.

To answer your question, I find it unbelievable that people of the same religion cannot agree on a single book, how hard can it be. It matters because where I live (Uk) Christians are still are fighting other christians.(northern Ireland)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7805 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31231 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51159 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15802 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9941 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris