Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] What is Master of Orion?
[split] What is Master of Orion?
(June 17, 2011 at 5:21 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Remake MoO. Do a good job, and you can live the rest of your life by the side of a rich girl. Never worrying about not having enough. Sometimes worrying about having too much.

What's MoO?
RE: Making my own computer, i needz help !
(June 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(June 17, 2011 at 5:21 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Remake MoO. Do a good job, and you can live the rest of your life by the side of a rich girl. Never worrying about not having enough. Sometimes worrying about having too much.

What's MoO?

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion

The best 4X game ever made.

It is a game of adaptability, it is the enemy of formulae play.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion

Looks good, you know where I can download it?
(June 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(June 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2

Together for 6 dollars.

MoO2 is a great forumlae-player game. Made by the same company that made Civ. Simtex.
Also the brain behind Master of Magic, another good formulae player game... but with a great deal more call to adaptation than Mo2. Feels a lot like an RPG-4X.
RE: [split] What is Master of Orion?
Ooooh? You made a new thread?
(June 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
(June 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm)Napoleon Wrote:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2

Together for 6 dollars.

MoO2 is a great forumlae-player game. Made by the same company that made Civ. Simtex.
Also the brain behind Master of Magic, another good formulae player game... but with a great deal more call to adaptation than Mo2. Feels a lot like an RPG-4X.

Microprose made Civilization. Simtex made Master of Magic & MoO & was just published by Microprose.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(June 17, 2011 at 6:09 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Ooooh? You made a new thread?

Why not? I reference the game about 10 times a week. Where did you think I got the names 'Silicoid', 'Meklar', 'Zeon Missiles', Orion, 'Psilon', 'Klackon, 'Darlok', 'Mauler Device', 'Bulrathi', Class __ planetary/deflector shields, etc?

From the game I play most. And that 2/3rds of the time on hard, 1/3rd of the time on impossible, and the few sparse times as an example to other people of how easy the likes of simple are.
(June 17, 2011 at 7:45 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: Microprose made Civilization. Simtex made Master of Magic & MoO & was just published by Microprose.

Oh whatever. Both are long defunct by now. MoO is practically public domain it's so old and undersold.
Even though I'm a strategy game fan... MoO stresses me out. Tongue You have to tutor me Sae. Wink
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
(June 17, 2011 at 11:38 pm)Jax Wrote: Even though I'm a strategy game fan... MoO stresses me out. Tongue You have to tutor me Sae. Wink

Possible if you have skype and 2 computers. Or facebook and two computers.

Or you could play the game on Simple, which tells you how to play the game and what everything means. MoO2 has a similar thing with Tutor.

I don't think you can fail on simple. I've tried. Even sitting on one planet researching as the silicoid without spying

Hard difficulty: I win 80ish% of the games I complete. I win 70ish% of the games I start.

Impossible difficulty: My win rate on it is 50% on completed games. The bigger picture is that only 20ish% of the games I start end in victory. I've been known to outright quit on galaxies where I've been "shafted". I don't quit a game if the Psilon are not in it (ever).

That said... the only step above my play level are ex-pros (ie: Sirian).
Fuck paying six dollars mayn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warlock: Master of the Arcane Jaysyn 0 461 September 8, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Split decision: What to buy? wolf39us 19 4443 August 14, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: wolf39us