Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to NewYork Gays!
Rainbow 
Congrats to NewYork Gays!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110625/ts_n...ge_newyork

Quote:ALBANY, New York (Reuters) – Governor Andrew Cuomo made same-sex marriages legal in New York on Friday, a key victory for gay rights ahead of the 2012 presidential and congressional elections.

I too have fought so that gays will have equal treatment in our country. Congrats to you guys and gals in NY!

I may be straight, but I am NOT narrow.
RE: Congrats to NewYork Gays!
(June 25, 2011 at 10:35 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110625/ts_n...ge_newyork

Quote:ALBANY, New York (Reuters) – Governor Andrew Cuomo made same-sex marriages legal in New York on Friday, a key victory for gay rights ahead of the 2012 presidential and congressional elections.

I too have fought so that gays will have equal treatment in our country. Congrats to you guys and gals in NY!

I've got a female atheist labor party prime minister who lives in a defacto relationship with a male hair dresser.
She says we're not ready for same sex marriage.
She's not doing well in polls at the moment, can't imagine why.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(June 25, 2011 at 10:52 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote:
(June 25, 2011 at 10:35 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110625/ts_n...ge_newyork

I've got a female atheist labor party prime minister who lives in a defacto relationship with a male hair dresser.

Sounds like she should know better
(June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Sounds like she should know better

You'd think so wouldn't you, but when you're looking for votes, and you've kind of got the left already and if you can only get a bit of the god botherer vote...
I don't think it's simple, must be hard deciding what part of your soul to sell.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
EXCELLENT NEWS !
\o/

Go gays! Get married! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm curved to hell, but I fly like an arrow Confusedinging:

Go ahead and be miserable all of your life... I'll stick to being polyamorous and happy Heart
(June 25, 2011 at 11:22 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: I don't think it's simple, must be hard deciding what part of your soul to sell.

Not for me... I consistently choose to sell all the parts I don't like ^_^ And then watch with glee as those parts commit atrocities around the world Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(June 25, 2011 at 10:52 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote:

Sounds like she should know better

I should add, polls consistently show approval for same-sex marriage up in the 60-70% range. There really isn't any excuse except pandering to the vile Jim Wallace and his Australian Christian Lobby.
I will never ever, marry anyone; until all same sex marriages can be legally in every state all over the USA and in every country in the world.

What I’m I saying, thinking: I'm happily single Smile e
This is good news! Although for all the complaining straight people do about marriage, you'd wonder why they're so desperate to keep it strictly for themselves. Tongue
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salvation army "gays not allowed" Jacob(smooth) 8 1897 December 12, 2013 at 7:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet