Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies That Make You Cry
Movies That Make You Cry
So I never cry.
Nothing affects me that negatively emotionally.. then I saw "Romulus My Father".
Then I cried. Crying was a great feeling. I felt like a human again.

What movies out there can make me cry some moar please? Smile
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: Movies That Make You Cry
Batman & Robin made me cry because I wasted two hours of my life watching it that I can never get back.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Charlottes Web made me cry .... but I was 6 years old! you pussy!

Tongue
[Image: Evolution.png]

A lot of movies make me cry, but I am definitely a pussy.

The Rose makes me cry because the song reminds me of a dead friend and I don't want Bette Midler to die. I love that crazy bitch.

The Devil Came on Horseback made me cry because it makes me feel helpless and hate those who are not, but refuse to help.

Any movie where a kid dies makes me cry.

Any movie where a kid is raped or hit makes me cry.

Pride and Prejudice makes me cry because there is no man like Mr. Darcy in all of the world. Boohoo for me.

Yep, I'm freaking emotional.

(June 26, 2011 at 9:37 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Charlottes Web made me cry .... but I was 6 years old! you pussy!

Tongue

Motherfucker! I'm not a pussy! Besides, women like sensitive guys (right?)
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqPv4vs8zI

Only thing capable of bringing tears every time I watch. Most of the times when I cry during movies are entirely unrelated to the movies themselves Smile

I find it a fascinating answer to the question 'what is courage?'. Not my answer, but an interesting one nonetheless.
(June 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: Motherfucker! I'm not a pussy! Besides, women like sensitive guys (right?)

Depends... is this 'sensitive guy' 'spineless' or is he just somewhat empathic? 0.o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Toy Story 3 is probably the closest I've come to crying in several years.

"I guess my bellicose ways prevent me from expressing my emotion."
_____________The Phantom Dictator of Krankor.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: Motherfucker! I'm not a pussy! Besides, women like sensitive guys (right?)

Quote:Depends... is this 'sensitive guy' 'spineless' or is he just somewhat empathic? 0.o

Not spineless... but Sae I forget what you are, please refresh my memory... what kind of transvestite are you?
Martin Luther King, Jr.
OK, I cry easier than many, but Jack Goes Boating did that recently for the beautiful chiaroscuro of the relationships in it. Besides, Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of the best actors on the planet.

I went to the Two Towers Extended Edition event last week. I am a massive Tolkien fan, and I love the story of Aragorn and Arwen. The part on their love, its mortality, that made me cry.

I cry every time I watch the 1976 King Kong, when he is dying.

Trying to update my sig ...
(June 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote:

Motherfucker! I'm not a pussy! Besides, women like sensitive guys (right?)

Nope. Not me at least. I'm the kind of "princess" who won't sit like a good girl in my tower to wait for prince Sensitive, instead my dragon would be quvivering under the kitchen table begging the prince to take me away. Thus, I need a "manly" man Big Grin

But if you want a tearjerker, the Anime "One Piece" has a couple of episodes about Nami's childhood that made me cry (well, actually shed a few tears, but not cry). And I didn't even cry when I wached Peta's clip about what Chinese fur farmers do to their animals, so that's how sad I thought those "One Piece" -episodes were Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies you'd like to see remade Fake Messiah 83 5853 November 8, 2023 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Great Missed Opportunities in Movies. Gawdzilla Sama 5 663 October 25, 2023 at 4:31 pm
  Worst scenes in movies Fake Messiah 30 2525 October 19, 2023 at 11:12 pm
  Movies are not for intellectuals Interaktive 95 11290 December 30, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christian movies you actually like T.J. 27 1890 December 10, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This is my fave cartoon, always makes me cry Brian37 6 786 January 14, 2020 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are "not cinema" EgoDeath 97 3895 October 16, 2019 at 8:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Stalky songs that make you think. Brian37 2 553 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Atheist-Friendly Movies Fake Messiah 52 7632 May 15, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Soundtracks from Movies you like Joods 48 8525 May 2, 2018 at 5:20 am
Last Post: ignoramus