Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to convert a muslim to an Atheist?
How to convert a muslim to an Atheist?
I've known several muslims in my time. As an ex Muslim, I wanted to expose the malicious side of Islam and show them that the Koran is not the word of God. It is so difficult to do so because they always come back with these retarded arguments. For example, If evolution is true then why are monkeys around? The Koran is infallible and is perfect in every way, it is proof of god. I've argued with my ex gf and tried to get her to change her mind or at least consider. I asked her to tell me why she's a Muslim. The only thing she could say was because it was a matter of faith. At least I got her to start reading "Why I'm not A Muslim" by Ibn Warraq. I've been doing a lot of research on the internet and come to the conclusion that it is easier to put the spot light of fallacy on the bible than the Koran. Is there a way I can strengthen my argument on the Koran? When I break the opposition and their reply is "well i'm a muslim because of faith", how to I get them to lose that faith?

Advice would be much much much appreciated =) ... I want people to stop doing this Worship -.-
"God didn't make us in his image, we made him, her, and its in ours"
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist?
The process of "converting" someone to atheism doesn't exactly have the same number of man hours worth of research and implementation that religious doctrine has on its side. The Koran is no more difficult to argue against than the Bible. The Koran is not a stronger document. The god of the Koran is the God of the Bible, any argument which applies to the god of the bible applies equally to the god of the koran (case in point these arguments apply to most gods). If you're new to the whole thing, and actually want to engage in discussions with theists then you could probably start by brushing up on logical fallacies. The retort that "faith is a matter of faith" is a common one. Perhaps taking examples of the issues which caused you to turn away from Islam would be a best practice. It's always better to speak from a position of experience, you know.

By the way, great saying that pertains to the "its a matter of faith" comment

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

I'm intentionally leaving the origin out, gives you something to google..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm)Rhythm Wrote: The process of "converting" someone to atheism doesn't exactly have the same number of man hours worth of research and implementation that religious doctrine has on its side. The Koran is no more difficult to argue against than the Bible. The Koran is not a stronger document. The god of the Koran is the God of the Bible, any argument which applies to the god of the bible applies equally to the god of the koran (case in point these arguments apply to most gods). If you're new to the whole thing, and actually want to engage in discussions with theists then you could probably start by brushing up on logical fallacies. The retort that "faith is a matter of faith" is a common one. Perhaps taking examples of the issues which caused you to turn away from Islam would be a best practice. It's always better to speak from a position of experience, you know.

Interesting...I think that Islam and the Koran have more power in the sense that if you leave the religion they kill you Argue and when you make fun of Islam or burn the Koran people actually die for it. Christians on the other hand get offended if you make fun of them, but usually don't freaking murder you! Devil
The truth is no matter how good your arguments are, brainwashed religious fucktards will just blatently deny whatever you're saying and stick their fingers in their ears.
Adam..they did once, and if some could have their way, would again.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm)Napoleon Wrote: The truth is no matter how good your arguments are, brainwashed religious fucktards will just blatently deny whatever you're saying and stick their fingers in their ears.

fuck...it all comes down to "how do you reason with the unreasonable?"
(June 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm)adam_1992p Wrote: fuck...it all comes down to "how do you reason with the unreasonable?"

BURN THEM!
You know, that some people take the faith-based initiative and burn or stone people is unsurprising. What good is having a celestial bully on your side when he won't do any of the wetwork? People get impatient. I have a suggestion. Play devils advocate, put forward the areas where you feel the Koran has a stronger case for accuracy than the bible and allow other posters to help you form a coherent argument that you feel is sufficient to form the basis of your objections to the Koran when dealing with those who would wish to engage you in such a discussion. It's a great way to crowdsource information.

Could be your first thread, would be a good one.
(June 29, 2011 at 1:06 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You know, that some people take the faith-based initiative and burn or stone people is unsurprising. What good is having a celestial bully on your side when he won't do any of the wetwork? People get impatient. I have a suggestion. Play devils advocate, put forward the areas where you feel the Koran has a stronger case for accuracy than the bible and allow other posters to help you form a coherent argument that you feel is sufficient to form the basis of your objections to the Koran when dealing with those who would wish to engage you in such a discussion. It's a great way to crowdsource information.

Could be your first thread, would be a good one.

hm...i guess i could try that. The think about the koran though is that it is meant to be "infallible" which means if only one mistake is found in there, then it's sucks and it's not the word of god. One of the many examples would be the embryological information found there that doesn't add up to modern embryological science. You'd think that pointing one tiny error would be good enough, but a Muslim can always turn things around and say OH WELL UH...what came before the big bang?! Thinking
Consider the amount of time most people have invested in confirming their religious views. It would be unreasonable to assume that there would be some sort of atheist nuclear bomb that would immediately and permanently erase all of that in a single statement.

To qoute Shakespeare "And many strokes, though with a little axe, Hew down and fell the hardest-timber'd oak"

It's okay by the way to say "I don't know" when someone asks you that....you could even follow it with "and neither do you"

It's an argument from ignorance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 4965 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2228 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1222 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1308 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4664 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 50220 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3785 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 771 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1903 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 914 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup