Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony CAPTCHA Fail
Sony CAPTCHA Fail
Sony's CAPTCHA "images" are full of fail.

http://cryptogasm.com/2011/07/sony-captcha-fail/

Comment, Share, Support.
RE: Sony CAPTCHA Fail
I wish I thought of previewing the site's source code myself. Big Grin

With regards to image verification, why not just use images i.e. cake, unicorns and so on to stump the spambots rather than relying on distorted text?
RE: Sony CAPTCHA Fail
(July 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: With regards to image verification, why not just use images i.e. cake, unicorns and so on to stump the spambots rather than relying on distorted text?
I take it that you mean the site has a large database of different images, and the user has to identify which object is in the given image?

The main problem with that ideas is that it requires a large database of pre-generated images, which need a large amount of storage. You can't generate images on-the-fly since they are supposed to be specific objects. With text, you can generate random strings quite easily, and then use image libraries to convert the text string to an image.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captcha - what next? zvi 9 2540 June 23, 2012 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Faith No More