Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispatches Last night
Dispatches Last night
Did anyone catch that documentary 'Dispatches' last night on channel 4 about Islam in the UK? Thoughts and stuff please.

If you're not form the UK then it probably wont concern you, though its probably up on youtube by now.
RE: Dispatches Last night
I read a crit on times online.

Scary stuff. And all being pushed by the Saudis.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
I've seen Dispatches 'In God's Name" episode, which I liked. I'll probably look online for this one.

I'm actually reading a book called "Infidel" about a woman who escapes from an abusive life in an Islamic country and leaves her relidion as well. Only one chapter in and I'm already loving it.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
1000 Splendid Suns (about 2 women under Taliban Afghanistan) and Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini are also excellent.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 769 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Matt and Luke: Ships Passing in the Night YahwehIsTheWay 15 1658 December 1, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Cod
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5429 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Last Wish - Love Story miaharun 0 1169 January 4, 2016 at 7:53 am
Last Post: miaharun
  Dispatches - Lessons in Hate and Violence Reforged 1 1411 July 26, 2012 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Children of the night the6dead 13 5509 March 30, 2011 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Jax
  The Last Templar Rockthatpiano06 7 2666 February 18, 2009 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: bozo