Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I_Blaspheme
I_Blaspheme
Hello, all.

As you can probably guess from my pseudonym, I'm an atheist, specifically an agnostic atheist. I have no knowledge of the existence of any deities, and as a result I have no belief in any of them either. I take the position that if an omni-* deity did exist, it's nature and very existence would be utterly incomprehensible to mankind. Frankly, I really don't care if deities exist or not, and I'm sure that if they did, they wouldn't care much about my existence either.

I'm perplexed by theists who can't seem to grasp that (a)gnosticism and (a)theism aren't mutually exclusive. Oh - and those that ignorantly conflate abiogenesis, evolution of species, cosmology and who knows what else under the catch-all boogeyman that is "Evolution".

Do those jokers ever crack a science book, or just parrot what they've been told? Never mind - rhetorical question.

I've taken the "Blasphemy Challenge", voluntarily condemning myself to eternal suffering if it turns out I'm wrong. I think I'm safe. :-) If it turns out that the Abrahamic deity of the bible does exist, and could be proven to my satisfaction, I would not worship it. The so-called omni-benevolent "God of Love" as described in the bible is a genocidal tyrant I would never kneel to. Is that blasphemy? I hope so.

See you all in hell. I'll bring beer.
RE: I_Blaspheme
Welcome. Smile
Why hello there! I like your attitude, but can you bring a cider instead for me? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 20, 2011 at 3:20 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Why hello there! I like your attitude, but can you bring a cider instead for me? Big Grin

By the truckload, especially if it's hard cider.
(July 20, 2011 at 3:37 am)I_Blaspheme Wrote: By the truckload, especially if it's hard cider.

Sounds like a date! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

My I am posting too much tonight.

Welcome a-forum, I. Blaspheme. Most of the people here, atheist, agnostic, religious, or furry are generally decent people. There are a few undereducated and opinionated people who read Romances (don't look at the line under my avatar), but everyone here will try to straighten them out in short order.

Generally people are well-treated, and so are beliefs, provided they are well-grounded. What gets poorly treated are open attacks on people, unsupported opinion, or plain foolish and irrational thought. (Foolish is okay, irrational is not.)

As a person who is neither the owner of this forum, nor a moderator, I reserve the right to welcome everyone.

James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
You'll never see me in Hell. Every time I die I resurrect. It's the benefit of being the resurrection goddess. And when I die I retain 3 memories of that life. Helpful, since most of the time I remember how I died and the pain of death. I think I've grown attached to it. But I still hate being a slug, so I can't waste my being a human for once Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(July 20, 2011 at 4:36 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: You'll never see me in Hell. Every time I die I resurrect. It's the benefit of being the resurrection goddess. And when I die I retain 3 memories of that life. Helpful, since most of the time I remember how I died and the pain of death. I think I've grown attached to it. But I still hate being a slug, so I can't waste my being a human for once Big Grin

Miss Aerzia, there is much to be said about keeping multiple backups. Three should be sufficient. I had to write my boss yesterday and tell her the only copies I had of nine novels I was editing were on a flash drive, and I put it through my front-loading washing machine. Worked very much like a paper shredder for a flash drive.

Note to self: do not put backups of self, or Romances, in the wash. Always dry clean them.
James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
(July 20, 2011 at 2:29 am)I_Blaspheme Wrote: See you all in hell. I'll bring beer.

I'll see you there, but since we'll be in hell, you should bring some heroin and coke too.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 20, 2011 at 5:55 am)FaithNoMore Wrote:
(July 20, 2011 at 2:29 am)I_Blaspheme Wrote: See you all in hell. I'll bring beer.

I'll see you there, but since we'll be in hell, you should bring some heroin and coke too.

You're doing it wrong! Marijuana and Ecstasy. Much more fun.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day